Which of these is most 'relaxed/upright'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Below is a link to Ribble ebikes.
I am thinking hybrid or gravel.
I suffer with neck problems......just age plus wear and tear.
I need as upright as possible barring 'sit up and beg'.
Would appreciate any expert thoughts.
Thanks.
https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/bikes/electric-bikes/road-electric-bike/
You’ve only linked one bike (Road SLe). Have you compared the geometry charts, especially the head tube and stack measurements in your size?
you'd be best to go to Ribble and try them out as no one can really say which will suit you most 👍

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The hybrid's a nice bike - one my club members (ex-TDF rider Brian Robinson) has one. Another as the e-road version.

Of their e-bikes I'd go with the hybrid as most upright. However in a 'real world' club-run test the Giant e-bike beat the Ribble for climbing speed.

vickster

Legendary Member
The hybrid's a nice bike - one my club members (ex-TDF rider Brian Robinson) has one. Another as the e-road version.

Of their e-bikes I'd go with the hybrid as most upright. However in a 'real world' club-run test the Giant e-bike beat the Ribble for climbing speed.
more than 15.5mph? :scratch:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member

I used to have a Giant road bike. Very nice. Their ebikes are expensive and heavy though.

TempleDancer

Ribble's Endurance SL frames all have fairly race focussed geometry, so I'd give them a wide berth.

Between the CGR and the Hybrid, I'd say the CGR is going to offer more hand positions over the flat-bar bike, which is another comfort consideration to keep in mind. Stack is pretty generous looking at the geo charts, plus it's likely to come with a healthy amount of spacers from the factory (though worth checking with them first).

Sharky

Guru
I'm sure which ever one you get, you'll be able to fine tune your position by changing the stem.
You could ask if the steerer tube is supplied cut down already or if it could be supplied uncut, so you have more options.

Top Bottom