Which one ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigdaddibare

Btwin triban 3 or Raleigh airlite 100 mainly for 7 miles to work and as much riding as i can fit into a sunday morning before wife and kids realise i'm not there !!

Btwin triban 3 or Raleigh airlite 100 mainly for 7 miles to work and as much riding as i can fit into a sunday morning before wife and kids realise i'm not there !!

so all day sunday then.:laugh:

HovR

Über Member
The main differences I can see just by comparing specs are that the Raleigh has a compact chainset compared to the Triban's triple, and the Raleigh has an alloy fork compared to the Triban's carbon fork.

Personally I'd go for the Triban.

defy-one

Triban has a carbon fork making it a lighter machine. The triple is great for new riders. No shame in having a "granny" ring for steep hills.
The stem can be flipped or buy an adjustable as i have for a really comfortable ( head up) riding pisition.
Easy choice - Triban 3

Berties

Fast and careful!
Bought my sons the Raleigh airlite 2012 has some great reviews,they improved the build on the 2011 model,so have learnt lessons,had them from my lbs who put shorter stems on them,so its the best geometry should be the selling point

Top Bottom