Which phone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I use a phone for the occasional call or message and for stoding photos. I guess I am a minimal user.
I have been offered one of two new phones at work. Either will do the job. I know nothing about phones. Which would you choose.
Samsing Galaxy A21s
Samsung Galaxy A51

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Good phones but Samsung are renown for loading their phones with bloatware. Better to get one that runs pure Android like any Android One phone, Xiaomi Mi A, most Motorola, Pixel and Nokia phones. You'll also get updates for longer and be the first to get them so prolonging the life of the phone.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I had an A21s, couldn't fault it and only replaced it when I smashed the screen.

The A51 is higher up the range, so more powerful, better screen and camera etc.

Might as well go for the A51, as I assume work will be covering the cost, so get the best you can.

As @Cycleops says, they do have an insane amount of bloatware on, but if those are your options there's not much you can do.

Seevio

Guru
Out of the two, the A51 is the more powerful, more built in storage, although this can be offest by SD cards, and can record 4k video.

However, the A21s has a 5000mAh battery compared to the 4000mAh battery in the A51. When combined with a less demanding processor, it means that the A21s lasts about 50% longer than the A51 before it needs a recharge.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I had an A21s, couldn't fault it and only replaced it when I smashed the screen.

The A51 is higher up the range, so more powerful, better screen and camera etc.

Might as well go for the A51, as I assume work will be covering the cost, so get the best you can.

As @Cycleops says, they do have an insane amount of bloatware on, but if those are your options there's not much you can do.
Also, speaking as a Samsung owner, the bloatware is a nuisance if you have a low spec model, otherwise it's pretty much an irrelevance. And the A51 apparently has 128mb of internal storage, so just disable/ignore anything you don't want and you should be good to go.

I don't know that model or indeed the other one, but I've had an A3 and that was very good for a budget level phone (though it did run into the bloatware problems, having only I think 6 gigabytes of internal storage), and for the last year or so I've been using an S7 Edge which I have to say is excellent. Excellent camera, great screen, and it just works, smoothly, quickly, faultlessly.

I'm with @AndyRM - A51. I think you'll like it.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Good phones but Samsung are renown for loading their phones with bloatware. Better to get one that runs pure Android like any Android One phone, Xiaomi Mi A, most Motorola, Pixel and Nokia phones. You'll also get updates for longer and be the first to get them so prolonging the life of the phone.
I only have the choice of those two.

Mike_P

Guru
Have an A51 as a work phone and find the screen on my Moto G4 far clearer in bright conditions to the point I use my own phone for taking work related photos

Last edited:
OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
For those hard of hearing. I only have the choice of those 2.

Top Bottom