Which sellers instead of Wiggle/Chainreaction ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just been getting my bike back on the road and main ones I've used are Spa, Hopkinsons, Clee, BikeParts and Amazon.

I use Amazon a lot for other stuff but I've tried to minimise what I've bought for the bike from them to support bike shops.
 

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Location
Oxford
Special mention for Condor cycles from whom I've received great customer service recently (as has always been my experience).

SJS are always great to deal with and carry a lot of gear but are rarely really competitive on price.

The last load of Shimano stuff I got came from Bikeparts and Bike Tart; the latter typically the cheapest I could find a lot of stuff.. the former sometimes close but sometimes subject to weird pricing fluctuations and I did fall foul of a stock cock-up a while ago which was put right but still a pain.

Also had good experiences with (IIRC) Active BPM on ebay, although I try not to buy through the platform.

Hopkinsons cycles are great for the odd random cheap item (and are my go-to for KMC chains), Bankrupt bike parts are also good if you're happy to sift through an eclectic mix to find the right bits. Also had some decent cheap kit form Paul Milne cycles.

Also had good experiences with Fawkes cycles in the past and Tweeks.

For more left-field stuff Bikemonger are good and Fresh Tripe have a good rep although IIRC I've not had anything from them.

I've also had a few well-known Chinese-origin bits from various sellers on Ali Express with no issues.
 

super_davo

Veteran
The online market in the UK is so much worse than it was 10 or even 5 years ago it's untrue. Partly Brexit, partly cycling bubble bursting, mostly the loss of Wiggle/CRC (which is really sad as I always thought they were very well run operations absolutely screwed by a leveraged PE takeover).

Merlin and Sigma are first choice, great coverage, always reliable, always competitive in price. Then there are a tier below like Balfes, Tredz, J E James, Teams Cycles that do a good service at a decent price but just don't have quite as comprehensive range of products. I will also use the handful of euro retailers that still ship to the UK like Bike Inn or Lordgun.

But mostly I just buy from AliExpress these days, obviously you can't get regular western brands but (if it isn't too much of an oxymoron) the higher end AliExpress stuff is usually pretty good. Or Panda Podium if I am feeling flush.
 
Top Bottom