Which shoe brand after Specialized?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
I've always worn Specialized shoes but fancy a change.

Does anyone know of shoes from other brands that fit similarly to Specialized?
Looking for SPD and SPD SL.

I've had a few pairs of Specialized and other brands and always find that in any other brand I need the size up.

Sharky

Guru
My cycling shoes seem to last for years and years so any recommendations are likely to be out of date. Just check the returns policy before you buy.

Nebulous

Guru
I've only had 4 pairs of cycling shoes in 10 years. I started with Specialized shoes about 10 years ago, moved to Shimano, and then bought a pair of Sidi Genius 7s. I liked the Sidi's on the bike, but kept getting sore feet, especially when I stopped for a break. I decided to persevere with Sidi and bought a pair of Ergo mega's (wide fit) I'm very impressed with them, and have reached the conclusion my previous Sidis were just too narrow. I have enough room for winter socks, they don't have vents underneath, which aren't needed for about 95% of the time in our climate, and the dials are much better than the ratchets I have had previously. A fairly expensive option, but I'm really glad I bought them.

dodgy

Shimano RC7, I doubt there are many off the shelf alternatives with so many fit permutations. Great shoes.

Top Bottom