Which size ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Giant SCR2 frames - there's a frame for those who are 6ft to 6ft 3", and there's a frame for 6ft 3" to 6ft something bigger.

I'm 6ft 3 - which size would be best ? I'm aiming to try and get out to the EBC this weekend to try the sizes out, but thought I'd canvas the expert opinion here first anyway out of curiosity !

Anyone got any thoughts ?

simonali

Guru
The bike I bought was suitable for peeps of 5' 8" max and the next size up was for 5' 7" to 5' 10". I went for the smaller one coz lots of seatpost looks cooler! :smile:

(had to buy a longer stem though) :thumbsup:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Goo, I'm 6'2" with 33" inside leg, and my LBS recommended the "Large" frame size for me. Their reasoning was that it would get the best out of the bike's compact geometry that way (I have to say, it does feel "right").

Compact frames are supposed to be ridden with a fair bit of seatpost showing, and my LBS reckoned that for someone on the border of two sizes, they'd tend to go smaller.

NickM

Veteran
It depends on how high and how far away you like your handlebars, and how you feel about upward-sloping stems.

In the era of sloping top tubes and long seatpins, top tube length and the height of the top of the steerer are more important than seat tube length. You will probably be most comfortable on, and get the best handling from, whichever frame allows you to use a stem which is neither very short nor very long.

Top Bottom