Which Superbike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

dikmdb

Regular
Bianchi?
Condor?
Pearson?

Buy a frameset and spec to your heart’s desire?

Ultimately, you really need to get to the shops selling high end bikes and try a few out.

Obviously, you won’t be able to do that with Canyon (assuming you’re in the UK?). That alone would stop me spending a large sum on one.

I don't want to go the frame route as I'm worried about sleek integration of cables etc. I'm in the US but Canyon center in California is closed due to Covid. I've called most of the local bike shops, and no one has anything. I'm in one of the Top 10 Metro Areas in the US by population but surprisingly high end biking is nowhere to be found.

OP
OP
D

dikmdb

Regular
I'm down to BMC, Canyon, Pinarello or Look.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Correct but already working on the engine. Have a coach and all...
A man's gotta know his limitations, as Dirty Harry says. Try to find out your VO2 max. This can be increased a bit through training but is largely genetic. Greg LeMond's was 92.5 ml/min/kg, which is about the upper end. A really well-trained amateur is going to hover around 75 with not much prospect of it increasing.

It seems unfair, but people under six feet tall are unlikely to be great basketball players...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pinarello for me all the way .... best pedigree :becool:

Nope Colnago. Pinarello is just far east jelly molds. ^_^

My best bike was very nearly a Colnago, but as I was fitting the very new Shimano Dura Ace 8 speed, I wasn't putting it on an Italian frame, so had a custom built British bike in Columbus SLX. Cost the same as a Colnago.

vickster

Legendary Member
Parlee if Stateside?

Why would the cables not be properly integrated if you spec a bike to a professional bike builder?

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Nope Colnago. Pinarello is just far east jelly molds. ^_^

My best bike was very nearly a Colnago, but as I was fitting the very new Shimano Dura Ace 8 speed, I wasn't putting it on an Italian frame, so had a custom built British bike in Columbus SLX. Cost the same as a Colnago.
To be fair, Colnago were not on the OP’s list of options ....

OP
OP
D

dikmdb

Regular
Parlee if Stateside?

Why would the cables not be properly integrated if you spec a bike to a professional bike builder?
Good call thank you. Looked at it today and jumped to top of my list. Only have Pinarello to look at tomorrow left.

Down to Look 795 RS, Canyon Ultimate CF SL Team Movistar, BMC Timemachine and Parlee RZ7

OP
OP
D

dikmdb

Regular
Down to last two... Any final input?

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Team Movistar with Campy Bora One Wheels, Disc Campy Super Record 12sp

Look 795 Blade RS Disc with Mavic Cosmic Wheels and SRAM eTap Force 12sp

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
https://www.bianchi.com/bike/oltre-xr-4-disc-super-record-eps-12sp-52-36-2/

Top Bottom