1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which team and riders will you follow in 2017 season

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by simo105, 20 Nov 2016.

1. simo105

simo105 Senior Member

So who you will be interested in watching next season?

The team I will follow is one pro, just hope they get a few more wins next season. They may get over shadowed by the new Irish pro conti team unfortunately.

Riders
    Tom Stewart. I really hope he does well and gets in some good single day races, I was hoping he would get snapped up by wanty or verandas willems not sure if one pro will be the right team.
    Lachlan Morton. Watched him in some of the american races and looks like he can go good this season.
    Hugh carthy. Again not sure if cannondale is a great fit but will be interesting what sort of role they give him.

2. T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T Disc brakes - Stopping things since 1902

Womens cycling in general, some big names (Pauline Ferrand Prevot) off to Canyon SRAM, Emilia Fahlin back to Wiggle Hi5 and a lot of young British/Irish talent.

Mens racing is boring :laugh:

Proto and simo105 like this.
  3. Marmion

Marmion Guru

There will probably be a long list if riders that I'll be paying attention to/for, mostly those who showed some potential this year, to see how they develop. Off the top of my head:
    Latour, Debusschere, Gaviria, Mohoric, Benoot, Mamykin, Barbero, Bilbao, Fernandez, Reichenbach, Theuns, Stuyven

Edited to remove Sagan and Degenkolb...

In fact I am going to try to include at least one of the above list in every PTP pick next year if they are racing ;)

Last edited: 20 Nov 2016
    simo105 likes this.
  4. simo105

simo105 Senior Member

Looks like one pro will be racing conti level next year funding issues

5. Proto

Proto Über Member

I'll be following women's cycling, #2 daughter is riding for Drops Cycling Team again next year, so guess where my support will be going. I'll try to get over to Belgium to watch a few of the early season races

6. T.M.H.N.E.T

Awesome :smile: Not a response that I expected.

7. T.M.H.N.E.T

I do believe I know bike in question and to whom it belongs ;)

8. Flick of the Elbow

Flick of the Elbow Über Member

Quick Step Floors, with a side bet on Top Sport Vlaanderen.
    And Cav.