Which Ti seatpost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Currently riding a Van Nic & the stock seatpost was too short, so bought a carbon one which was longer, but unfortunately on my ride this morning that seatpost cracked, so i'm now looking for a Ti to match the bike.
I'm guessing not all Ti seatposts are equal? Seen this on the bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191325574973?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT which seems very reasonable at £45, but the OCD part of me says get a Van Nic seatpost, but they are £130 :wacko:
Anyone else using a n Exotic ti seatpost? Are they ok, or poorer quality than others?

S-Express

Other than potentially matching the colour of the frame, I don't think there's anything in particular to be gained by using a Ti post. Personally, I would go for aluminium. Exotic is just another brand selling parts sourced from the far east..

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Other than potentially matching the colour of the frame, I don't think there's anything in particular to be gained by using a Ti post. Personally, I would go for aluminium. Exotic is just another brand selling parts sourced from the far east..
There is nothing gained. It's purely bling of which is no bad thing when it comes to Ti. And in regards to ALU seatpost in a Ti frame. I would be wary of it seizing in the frame. Ti to Ti doesn't suffer from that problem.

If you go for aluminium be careful, mine started to bond in only a few months, once I eventually managed to loosen it, It was good till I replaced it with a non Giant branded one :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Go bling, why not.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Mines an Airborne one as when I got it VN did not have many / any in stock
& for you soon it's 'sale time' - to find a bargain

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member

Colour matching is very important :okay: After a bit more googling I found a poor review of Exotic's carbon seatpost, the seat clamp bolts can work loose, especially for heavier riders, so that's ruled that one out. It's payday on Friday & I've a bit of OT in, so might have to treat myself to some bling ^_^

Top Bottom