Which Ti seatpost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Damn the internet :wacko: Reading up on ti posts here & elsewhere, best advice "avoid cheap seatposts" after my cheap carbon one broke I fully agree with that, so ruled out any cheap ti from the bay. Thought about going for a VN ti collar & post, but then found a couple of folk who have bent the posts after a few rides, apparently they are thinner tubing that some others, so they may not be suited to a 'larger' rider. The more I search & research the more the price goes up :blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Damn the internet :wacko: Reading up on ti posts here & elsewhere, best advice "avoid cheap seatposts" after my cheap carbon one broke I fully agree with that, so ruled out any cheap ti from the bay. Thought about going for a VN ti collar & post, but then found a couple of folk who have bent the posts after a few rides, apparently they are thinner tubing that some others, so they may not be suited to a 'larger' rider. The more I search & research the more the price goes up :blush:
How much do you weigh? I'm 78kgs so no lightweight. My VN seatpost and collar has had over three years of my lardy arse bashing them about.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
After speaking with the guy at Fatbirds, who is a similar height & weight to myself, I've opted for the VN seatpost & collar. He has been using one for 4 years with no issues, so fingers crossed I'll be fine :okay:
I forgot to ask about greasing the post though. What the best? Normal grease, copper slip, or specific ti grease?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
After speaking with the guy at Fatbirds, who is a similar height & weight to myself, I've opted for the VN seatpost & collar. He has been using one for 4 years with no issues, so fingers crossed I'll be fine :okay:
I forgot to ask about greasing the post though. What the best? Normal grease, copper slip, or specific ti grease?

I use the smallest amount of copperslip.
Be aware, with the VN seat collar, you really do have to tighten it a lot to stop slippage. Don't be afraid to give it some..... they are very strong.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I am afraid though, after the carbon seatpost cracking & my planet x bike cracking on the seat post tube, I'm very very afraid :laugh:

Ti's Ti not C...

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Quick update, still not got my new post, but had a call from Fatbirds today, they couldn't find the post I'd ordered, then someone remembered that it had been fit to a bike in the showroom :blush: so they now have it, but it has some scratches, mainly low down below max level. I've accepted it along with a £30 discount :okay: £100 for a VN post, bargain

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Quick update, still not got my new post, but had a call from Fatbirds today, they couldn't find the post I'd ordered, then someone remembered that it had been fit to a bike in the showroom :blush: so they now have it, but it has some scratches, mainly low down below max level. I've accepted it along with a £30 discount :okay: £100 for a VN post, bargain

Bargain. I have noticed that the seatpost is easily marked anyway.
Having had a seat pack attached now and again has made where it was strapped a bit shiny. No worries though, gives it a bit of character.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
20170106_183634.jpg

£30 worth of scratches ^_^

Top Bottom