which Trek Silque

Which bike.

• Save the cash, go with the cheaper option

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Buy the best you can.

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Mrs Kes has pretty much decided that her new bike will be a Trek silque. The only real decision is which one...

The 2016 S is trek 400 series carbon, full 105 and looks to be a fine bike. However there is also the 2015 SX which is a higher grade carbon (600 series) which is lighter and stiffer, and cones with Ultegra. It is however £500 more......

The lbs has recommended the SX and I'm tempted on the basis of get the best while you can.... On the other hand, 105 is decent kit, the S is a fine bike and the £500 May be the difference between me getting a new MTB or not.

Question really comes down to will Mrs Kes be able to tell the difference between the 2 models....

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If Mrs Kes has a lighter stiffer bike will Mr Kes be able to keep up?

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
She's ridden the S and loved it. The SX isn't easily available for a test ride.

Her choice would be made much easier if either was available in black.... She'd have that one in an instant.... As it is she doesn't really like the colours on either.... Mainly cos its not matt black or red.

Jellybaby

I have the 2015 SLX and it is lovely......I tried one from the bottom of the range first and there was a big difference but not ridden the s

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
2015 SLX has been ordered (apparently the last one in her size in the world).... delivery some time next week.

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Cycletechnology in Wakefield.... Recommended by a friend. Although given that the huddersfield trek dealer is wheelspin I figured everything else could only be an improvement.....

Buck

Guru
Thanks - hopefully it is a good buying experience and good to know either way as that is only 30 mins away from me.

Top Bottom