Which tri bars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have never used tri bars before and looking on the internet there is a huge variety to choose from.

I want to use them for long distance riding.

Could someone suggest what I should be looking for?

Sharky

Guru

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The only real difference IMO is the shape of the bar (3 main types, flat, s bend and ski bend) the latter type I think is most comfortable on the wrists and would be better for long distance riding.

I have been trawling through the TCR photos and they all have different bars.

Looking on e bay, I see you can get all shapes and sizes for very little money and so I will try a couple for size and shape before jumping in the deep end and buying a carbon set.

I have been trawling through the TCR photos and they all have different bars.

Looking on e bay, I see you can get all shapes and sizes for very little money and so I will try a couple for size and shape before jumping in the deep end and buying a carbon set.
Variations on the main theme but you're doing the right thing IMO testing to see which is most comfort I think Steve Abraham had the ski pole type, closed in a loop to form a D. I guess that gives you more hand/ hold options.

The main thing is position for speed and comfort for long distance IMO so if you find a alu pair that puts you in a right and comfortable position I wouldn't bother shelling out for carbon to save a few grams,

Good Luck :okay:

Top Bottom