Which Turbo Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I did the 1hr 24min workout from the DVD today. Whatever the gradient of the hill is I set that as the resistance. Spent most of it on no.7/8/9

If your using the resistance as indicated on the DVD, what gears do you run the bike in

I have just bought one of these and only had the chance of a quick ten minute play

Monkspeed

Been looking at getting one but the wheels on my bike are attached via nuts, so no quick release skewer. Do these work with these type of wheels? Or am I going to need a new rear wheel with a skewer?
We have the same problem with the mrs's hybrid. The nuts still fit into the trainers things fine, had to use the extender bracket that come with the trainer though as the wheel has a large diameter.

The only thing is the wheel doesn't sit completely centre but it's good enough.

This is the satori pro I am on about, can't comment on other trainers.

I hope this helps. :smile:

Monkspeed

If your using the resistance as indicated on the DVD, what gears do you run the bike in

I have just bought one of these and only had the chance of a quick ten minute play

It depends, if its very low resistance then I will be in the big ring at the front and smallest at the back.
If It is on resistance 9 I will be on the small ring at the front and maybe biggest or second biggest at the back, or sometimes I will put it on the middle ring and do a bit standing up.

Yes I use granny gears :tongue:

eyko

We have the same problem with the mrs's hybrid. The nuts still fit into the trainers things fine, had to use the extender bracket that come with the trainer though as the wheel has a large diameter.

The only thing is the wheel doesn't sit completely centre but it's good enough.

This is the satori pro I am on about, can't comment on other trainers.

I hope this helps. :smile:

It does indeed ^_^!

Think I might still pop along to the lbs tomorrow, but it gives me renewed optimism that I can get one.

Rob500

Riding "up" a hill I set the gears in the range 39/25 or 30/25 - 23 - 21 - 19. Depending on how whacked I feel.

Racing "downhill" from the top I set my gears at 50/12

On the "flat" I use a range of gears along with either the 39 or 50 on the front.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Tacx do nuts for non QR axles £15 ish
SDmj0Fc9YNyUU1J5pAgujCIUg6pAqD2JQlW1Sb537bIOynZpTKd5fcxiGj_jsyZW1P2yzif7nalYNll2FU8gTTOrXNQLg0a58y-Yml-0GycmhINBRiJzwZZuXPj7o2dAatfswzkfU-MpVcCUJAczXw0xPoOav_a_gMR_I2NqapQ

Top Bottom