Which Turbo Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I'm sorry because I know this has probably been asked before but I'm after a decent turbo trainer. I can probably go up to about £170. Help/advice appreciated.

Blue

Legendary Member
Wiggle have some good discounts on trainers at the moment.

Monkspeed

OK now that I have been using the Tacx Satori Pro hometrainer for about a week I feel I am in a position to give a mini review.

Pros:
Good value for money (You get DVD, Training Mat, and front wheel stand all for £129
Lever adjustment of resistance/difficulty.
Good accompanying DVD which adds to the immersion and a good training tool.

Cons:
Fiddly to put together.
Pain to setup for different bikes with varying tyre sizes. Need to use a bracket (which is included).
Noisy.
The mat is useless if using a bike with a big wheel diameter (Road bikes are fine).

Rob500

I've got a Satori Pro and think it represents great value. For £129 it includes (i)the trainer with 10 resistance levels. (ii) DVD. (iii)Mat. (iv) Front wheel stand which doubles as a handle(very handy). (v) Purpose made Skewer.

The instructions are pants to be honest. But at the end of the day it's not a space rocket you're building. It's a few screws and washers and a big bolt

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Bought a Satori from Decathlon this week, a big improvement over the wind resistance model I had before. There are various workouts online. 30 mins plus warm-up and cool down seems to be the best workout, forget 2 hour rides, treat it like a spinning class.

393430_10150560053821177_560751176_11036432_547175261_n.jpg

stu1903

Über Member
I got the Tacx Satori Pro from Decathlon and love it. It's a bit noisy according to my wife but you don't really notice it when you are in the Zone!

Great value for money as it included the DVD, mat and Skyliner.

Fiddly to put together but that is down to the poor instructions that come with it. Don't be alarmed by the number of bolts, scres, washers and o-rings that are left over at the end!

turbo-trainer-session-500x375.jpg

Monkspeed

I did the 1hr 24min workout from the DVD today. Whatever the gradient of the hill is I set that as the resistance. Spent most of it on no.7/8/9

It felt so good when I got to the top of cote de azures or whatever it's called. :smile:

I didn't know there was more online, are they on the tacx site then??

Rob500

Monkspeed: "I did the 1hr 24min workout from the DVD today."

Nice one. The DVD is great fun. I like the way you can choose to run it from different set points. Last night I ran it from the 1hr point - Using the time of the descent from the first Col as 10 minute warm up before hitting the 2nd Col, sprinting like a madman down the other side before 'heading up' the final climb.

eyko

Been looking at getting one but the wheels on my bike are attached via nuts, so no quick release skewer. Do these work with these type of wheels? Or am I going to need a new rear wheel with a skewer?

Rob500

Not sure how that would work Eyko. Also the brackets with the kit are for wheels diametres of 610-640 and 690-720. Would that fit your bike? Might be an idea to visit a store and ask about the skewer?

eyko

Might just have to. My wheels are 700, just the bikes a bit old. Cheers for the help though.

Top Bottom