Whisky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
There hasn't been a whisky thread in a while, so what's your dram? I'm currently drinking Glenlivet 18 & 21 yr old, Glenfarclas 15 yr old and their 105 cask strength. The Glenfarclas 15 is so sweet, the sherry hit is just right.
For my birthday I was lucky enough to get a bottle of Balvenie Tun 1401 batch 5. Speyside and sherry cask whiskies are my favourites.

I've also bought a bottle or two of Bourbon whiskey, Four Roses Kentucky Straight and their Single Barrel offerings. The Single Barrel is sweet and a little spicy. Today I bought a bottle of Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight which I'll try tonight.

The next single malt I want to try is either Aberlour 12 yr old Double cask matured or Aberlour a'Bunadh Batch 41.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I don't drink,
so that's the end of that conversation :rolleyes:

sunnyjim

La Frog 1/4 cask 48% £26 in Tesco. Just bought a bottle. What I'm drinking currently (as in now) is the friday pre-tea small moderate gin with a smidge of vermouth

snorri

Legendary Member
I'm working through a bottle of Talisker just now, but working is the word. Thought I might grow to enjoy it, but it's just not going down well. It's about to be donated to a friend along the road who has a taste for it.
Meanwhile there's a fair selection in the locker with 'The Singleton', a 12 y/o from Muir of Ord edging its way to the front and just calling out to be sampled.:smile:

toroddf

I am normally a teetotaller. But on a cold autumn/winter night, nothing is better than a whisky. Black Bottle is what I prefer although I once had a 20 bottles big single malts whisky collection.

Whisky is made by, in and for cold, rainy dark evenings.

.....which is a good oppurtunity to claim that a bike ride to and from Islay is something everyone here should do at least one time in their lives. It is not a bike ride though. It is a pilgrimage. It is our Mekka.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I am normally a teetotaller. But on a cold autumn/winter night, nothing is better than a whisky. Black Bottle is what I prefer although I once had a 20 bottles big single malts whisky collection.

Whisky is made by, in and for cold, rainy dark evenings.

I had stuff from Norway (I think) which was black. It seemed ok.

toroddf

Aquavit is Norway's answer to whisky, yes. But it is made by potatos and various spices. It is Norwegian Gin, taste wise. I prefer whisky although I have a large unopened, dusty bottle with aquavit here in my castle.

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike