White jersey, stains?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

Ok, so it's not really a cycling question, but it's a question to anyone who has a white jersey. Is there anyway you can get the mud splatters off of the back of the jersey? I've washed it a few times before and some of the stains haven't really gone.

Thanks.

Jonathan M

40 degree wash, none bio detergent, standard wash (not short wash or economy). Repeat until clean.

I usedto be in an MTB club where the jersey was predominatly white with red - WTF thought of that colour scheme?? I just used to wash my kit in the knowledge that they would never get truly clean after 1 wash, and would eventually go grey anyway.

twosquarewheels

The trick is to wash with the coldest water that your washing liquid/powder will allow.
Hot water will set stains, soak in cold water to remove stains, all night if you have to.
Seeing as you've washed a few times you will find it more difficult to shift stubborn stains but it is worth trying.
Try a spotting solution, stain devils and the like for dirt, they'll be in the same aisle as the washing powder.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Well it was either the warm wash w/ none bio detergent or it was the bit of fairy soap I added to it beforehand. Either way it's now spotless, so thanks :evil:

wafflycat

Lots of cycle kit with much white in it at Chateau Wafflycat.

Cool wash, preferrably 30C. Doesn't matter if it's bio or non-bio detergent, indeed bio is better at getting rid of much grime. Add a little bit of washing up liquid (helps get rid of the greasy stuff at low temp). Synthetic wash cycle.

Top Bottom