White Working Class Britain

Has white working class Britain been forgotten by successive governments

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
is there an option for 'no they haven't but they don't care about it'?

yenrod

>Has white working class Britain been forgotten by successive governments

Its PC'ness that is doing and is responsible for this not the government ! Though the Gov.s not helping by just going along.

Anyone heard of common sense ??????????????

yenrod

Eat MY Dust said:
Damn right!! I called a firm to get a price to fit a Velux window in my attic. The guy quoted me £1000. It's half a days work tops. Chuffin' crooks!

And when the Poles or such like offer to do the same for a realistic rate its "those bloody poles, wish they'd **** off etc..."

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I would like the term working class defined. I am a working man. I earn in excess of 40k a year. I own my own house, the mortgage is paid, My kids arre grown up. Many times I hear the term working class, but i get the impression that the people who this refers to are unemployed and living in council estates? Is this correct? Does the term middle class refer to me or those who earn in excess of 100k? Does the term actually refer to all people who are working no matter what the wages they earn? A lot of questions there but i think the definitions are blurred and are really meaningless.

It's not "working class". It's "burger class".

Thatcher and her cronies took the decision that an underclass would be created and left behind while everyone else scrambled for the cash. And that's what happened.

Paulus

Upper middle class??? I left school at 16 in 1974 ith 9 CSE's and although i am a skilled person i am still a working man. I get my hands dirty, i do not pilot a desk. The terms are muddled and are not representative of what is real life.

gavintc

Guru
Class is an attitudinal thing not based on salary, house or education. The premise of the poll is flawed. It implies that the government should have remembered the white working classes. Why should one group be singled out when they cannot even define themselves.

Paulus

Surely, everyone who works for a living, no matter what you earn, or how you earn it is a working person, or working class. It really is a horrible term. So how then do you define people who for one reason or another don't work? Sick notes? Scroungers? Nerr do wells? Upper crust twits? landed gentry? Squires? It is part of this countries past that people should be labled to one class or the other. It is about time that the tags should be dropped, that would maybe stop some of the stigma that is attatched to people.

Top Bottom