Who Actually Makes Carrera??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is actually an Italian company making Carrera but I dont know if this is the same company that Halfords use to make them, but the brand name is identical

nope - entirely different company and entirely different bikes.

So still no answer to the original question then, my guess would be the frames are made in the far east and the bikes built up in the UK under the carrera logo for Halfords

I think that was generally accepted to be the case anyway. Last I heard, the frames were made by Merida - but it doesn't actually matter who makes them. The bikes are almost certainly NOT built-up in the UK - they are probably shipped as complete bikes after being assembled/boxed in the far east. Standard distribution methods - all the Halfords guys do is fit the bars/saddle/seatpost and do the PDI on it.

Ahh it appears the carbon frame is made by 3M

unlikely, seeing as 3M doesn't make cycle frames....?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Mickle is right; bikes, like just about everything else, are built in general bike factories not factories specific to the brand, except for the big names like Spesh, Trek, Cannondale etc. who probably do own their own facilities.

Last year I visited a TV factory in Hungary; it's a massive facility that assembles TVs to the spec required by the brand manager, a much more efficient way than building your own factory. They built TVs for four major brands and when I asked the factory manager which he would choose he told me Samsung were specced with the best components but otherwise they are all the same.

Keith Oates

Janner
The top end Trek carbon bikes are hand made at their US Waterloo factory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

except for the big names like Spesh, Trek, Cannondale etc. who probably do own their own facilities.

not even sure that's the case. I'm pretty sure Specialized are made in Merida's factory. As far as I'm aware, the only big brands that make their own bikes are the likes of Giant - and to a lesser extent, Merida. Ironically, they started both started out as OEMs to other brands....

Top Bottom