Who are the mods?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

I'm currently tied-up with doing the annual Christmas shop with Mrs. Admin.

Can everyone please take a deep breath and step back for the moment, and I'll address this later this evening.

Thanks,
Shaun
Is Shaun still shopping?

It's been 24 hours now... do you think we should send in supplies. I'm thinking coffee and cake would be appropriate. :biggrin:

slugonabike

I've not been around for long enough to sus out who are mods here unless they have identified themselves as such. I'm not particularly bothered about people being identified on the forum if they don't wish to be. However, if I receive communication from a moderator, in their 'official' capacity, I would like it to be identified as such. Mind you, I'm such a good girl that it's a very unlikely scenario :whistle:

edit - faaaar too many 'identified's in that post but I CBA to change it!

Shaun

Founder
Nope, back from shopping, but today I've been having a lazy birthday day ... working my way through the campaign mode of Black Ops ... :thumbsup:

With regard to the removal of the anti-mobile-mobile-whilst-driving "poster" and the PM; I agree with the removal of the poster, but also agree that it would be best for moderators to identify themselves as such when sending PMs with their moderator hat on (I'll ask the mods to do that).

With regard to the visibility of mods, that's the way I work it here at CC. I give moderators the option of whether they want to make their moderator status public or not because - a) they are volunteers who help keep the site clean and running well - b) wearing a 'moderator' badge attracts negative attention and leads to moderators being abused - c) members sometimes have trouble separating the 'person' from the 'moderator' and read things into a mods personal posts that are not there, or are not posted from a 'mod' perspective.

Mods are members and entitled to post what they think / feel on the forums just the same as everyone else. That being said, I am not above moderating the moderators and have done so on a number of occasions where I have felt they have been out of line (and will be talking to a couple of them in relation to this particular thread!).

I think we have a pretty fair system here and we usually try to discuss things with people and take a steady approach to dealing with the moderation. I agree that mods should identify themselves when carrying out moderation tasks and will ask them to do that, however if anyone has any specific issues with the moderation they can content me directly by PM or email and I will look into it and try to be fair and considerate in sorting it out.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'd entirely support the Mods right to anonymity (sp?). I was a mod elsewhere and got some unnerving late night phone calls

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Can I ask a really daft question?

What's 'NSFW'? (not suitable for women?)

Not Safe/Suitable For Work

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ohh, I've missed all this debate - just poking about the site tonight.

This forum is good in that it's safe to read at home...... our house is open plan, the last thing I want on a page is big 'whatsits' or foul language jumping out - many of us have young kids. I suppose a link with, NSFW or what ever would have been better....

The LFGSS forum is a mare, even if it's mainly text....sheesh........ the language is iffy if you have any kids about that can read.....

Dan B

Disengaged member
I'd entirely support the Mods right to anonymity (sp?). I was a mod elsewhere and got some unnerving late night phone calls
If that "elsewhere" is the same elsewhere as the forum you modded me on ... mind you, I expect you have my number in caller id anyway

Norm

I agree with this. I think that people who use the power to moderate a board should do it openly. If they are afraid of negative feedback, afraid to stand up to the reactions to their actions, then maybe they shouldn't be mods.

However, that's just my opinion and I know it counts for little because, as has been previously posted, Shaun owns and runs the board as he sees fit.

Blimey, what a thing to say. :blush:

:biggrin:

Top Bottom