Who are these people that hand out water bottles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

novetan

Über Member
Those people handing out water bottles or showing up wheel sets along the tour route, are they from the same grp as the riders or just outsiders simple volunteer to help. If its outsider, what if the water are poisoned ?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It wouldn't be the first time IIRC. Mostly, they're team soigneurs but in desperation, riders occasionally take whatever they can get. The fan bottle will be the preferred one for tipping over one's head.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
This is Sky's extra feed plan for the day that Froome had his Giro comeback. You can see it has the names of the each person, plus 'helper'. Usually it is the soigneurs, but for this day it was pretty much the whole backroom staff.

_102310914_feedplan.jpg

lazyfatgit

I've helped a couple of times hand out water bottles on the Grafton to Inverell which is a one day race on the National Road Series here. Bottles supplied and filled by the organisers and my club (Garfton) provided volunteers. Volunteers also help clean up the rubbish drop area etc.
Are there any volunteers on the tour? I imagine it takes a lot of help to prepare towns for stages and cleaning up afterwards.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
This is Sky's extra feed plan for the day that Froome had his Giro comeback. You can see it has the names of the each person, plus 'helper'. Usually it is the soigneurs, but for this day it was pretty much the whole backroom staff.

View attachment 419771
Phew..
a long run for me includes a Greggs Meal Deal, a fish supper at half way and a packet of jelly babies from the nearest Coop...

Drago

Legendary Member
The Scientologists. By accepting a bottle you've entered into a contract to give all your money to the Chief Mooneytologist.

[QUOTEI think I like it better when they just took what they wanted :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Those were the days when the rules limited a rider to 4 water bottles a day :wacko: hence the bar raids and stopping at water fountains.

Top Bottom