Who are these random cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CJ87

Hi everyone, my apologies but I have another random question (not sure if it belongs in this section really). I live in a small semi-rural village just outside of Newport (South Wales) and when I'm driving around I occasionally come across a group of 6+ cyclists in identical uniforms followed by a chase car complete with flashing lights, a tannoy and all the other 'bells n whistles', it all looks very professional. On one occasion when struggling to get my little car up a particularly steep hill the whole lot of them simply blitzed past me (much to my embarrasment). I just want to know if anyone has any ideas as to who these people are, we have a velodrome at Newport so I wondered if this is possibly the Olympic team as I usually see them in the middle of week days when most people are at work, although I was under the impression they were based at Manchester. Or could it simply be a case of a well funded local club, again sorry if a random question I'm just a complete newbie and curious to who these cycling machines might be!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I assume they will be a club... I just saw a group of yellow and black jersey's going up the Gloucester Road at 3 pm in the afternoon ... it kind of looked out of place in the city, it would have seemed more normal if it had been in the countryside (to me).

Top Bottom