Who do you say good morning to (Lancaster)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
On my commute I rarely even raise an eyebrow at someone, very infrequently lift a finger off my bars and never ever say hello. The most you will get out of me is a comment of 'nobber' under my breath as someone pulls out in front of me or lets their dog on a long lead wander across the cycle path.

Johnno260

Veteran
I hate those long/stretch leads, when I was younger a friend and I were on a cycle path and a dog ran across the pathway on one of those leads, my friend tried to avoid and ended up face first in a lamp post, dog walker didn't care, friend had to have a metal plate on his upper jaw.

I have never trusted those things since.

simongt

Guru
From lasses on bikes, I almost always get a friendly reply, :okay: from men, occasionally. :huh: Walkers, joggers etc., usually, regardless of sex. :thumbsup:

I always try high-five passing cyclists. The ones going in the opposite direction to me usually look a bit disconcerted, especially if I veer across 3 lanes of traffic to get to them, but needs must. If they dont oblige my high-five, I'll generally chase them down like a rabid dog, barking incessantly. I see less folk on my usual route lately. That's makes me sad. It's almost like the regulars are avoiding me.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Two dog owners who I have stopped, made introductions and regularly chat and fuss their critters. Also one chap on a bike who although looks as rough as a box of spanner’s is absolutely brilliant and we also have a natter and on first name terms. NCN55 is good for seeing my regulars

Top Bottom