Who do you say good morning to (Lancaster)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
How many people do you say good morning to on your way to work ? , I have 1 regular dog walker as I leave the house a regular lady cyclist on the Lancaster to Morecambe cycle path and 1 or 2 occasional ones ,it can brighten an otherwise dull day sometimes ,is there anyone else on the Lancaster to Morecambe cycle path from 7.05am -7.20am Mon -Fri ,maybe we could exchange a "morning ":hello:.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
That path has been used on several Manchester to Morecambe Friday night rides. Theres usually a cavalcade of riders around 7 in the morning. Will look out for you on the next ride.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I barely see a soul at 5.45 am on the Lancaster-Morecambe track... so no one.

I do say good morning when the customers start flooding the shop at 8am, but what i really mean is get out of my fecking way.

Last edited:

mangid

Guru
Left home @ 5:40, probably 8 cyclists and 3 runners on the Busway/Genome path out to Shelford. Edric as he came down the Alms Hill (as I slogged my way up), couple of cyclists on the leg to Hardwick, maybe another 5 or 6 that I passed on the Busway, and >10 coming the other way.

Basically I try and say good morning to all pedestrians/runner/cyclists that I pass/meet at that time of the day until I'm well into town.

Also give a friendly wave to all motor vehicles that pass me nicely :-)

rivers

How far can I go?
just one chap who I see most days on the A4 between Saltford and Corston. Sometimes, I see him in the evenings as well. Other than that, no one. The B2B is fairly busy and I wouldn't stop waving...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
On my morning commute i normally see the same half a dozen people daily all of which get a good morning
And when out riding i always say hello to any other cyclist

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
I barely see a soul at 5.45 am on the Lancaster-Morecambe track... so no one.

I do say good morning when the customers start flooding the shop at 8am, but what i really mean is get out of my fecking way.
I also work in a customer based job, your reply made me laugh because it sounds SO familiar ^_^

Saluki

World class procrastinator
everyone on my Morning walk.
there is paper trolley man, umbrella woman, lady with 2 greyhounds, really good looking camp bloke with a French bulldog and postie imon his way to work.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
That path has been used on several Manchester to Morecambe Friday night rides. Theres usually a cavalcade of riders around 7 in the morning. Will look out for you on the next ride.
Wow that is some Friday night ride, i will look out next time i see a big group coming towards me in a morning

Rach1

Previously known as wrinkly
Say hello to everyone possible, unless they look extremely unengaged, most respond in kind! Actually a bit less engagement from the speedster cyclists, but maybe all their energies are directed into the pedals.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
This is interesting there are some dedicated greeters out there ,this is one of the great civilizing influences of the bicycle we can actually talk to each other , I am a bit more reserved than some of you ,maybe I should reach out a bit more but not to every one or like some of you say I would never get to work ,wait that's a great idea .

I’ve given up cycle commuting for various reasons, some work and some personal related but now that I drive in I see the regulars and use them to judge if I am on time, slight late or very late depending on who I see where. The journey home I what I miss the most now that I have sit in crawling traffic.

keithmac

Guru
Next door neighbours, parents at school, "Lollipop Man" on way in to work.

Meet quite a few people when walking the dog, all get a morning or afternoon!.

Rach1

Previously known as wrinkly
Oh now that I have read the OP properly:rolleyes: I'm not on way to work, I'm on mostly quiet lanes or roads. So I'm saying hello to walkers, cyclists , dog walkers and the like. In Ayrshire, the natives are generally a friendly bunch. The majority respond.:smile:

Top Bottom