Who Do You Think You Are - I know it's me but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think I am someone else. Is that a problem?
Does the other person know, is just as important.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Who gives a toss about long gone "relatives"? and as for those "celebrities" they have enough publicity why give them more?

"Oh look my great great great great grandmother lived in poverty 200 hundred years ago, let me cry in public"!!!:cry:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I no longer watch it, but did when it first came out, and remember some fun features, such as people who'd always been very proud of - and irritatingly bumptious about - say, their Irish roots, coming gradually to the realisation that as far back as could be traced they were about as Irish as Hugh Grant. And there were interesting discoveries - criminal forebears, sailors who died at Trafalgar, whatever. Main problem with the programme the unsurprising revelation that most people's histories are about as interesting as their lives, to anyone not directly connected: ie, not very interesting at all.

Mary Berry is so old she probably took up most of the programme on her own.
It is a bit of an odd programme and I agree it seems a bit odd to get upset about some distant relative that had a troubled life 100 years ago.

I feel a bit sorry for her when she cooking things to seeing her struggling to carry big pots or cut things up.

Butty1972

...I don't give a feck about my relatives from the distant past. It follows, to me at least, that I care even less about those of Mary Berry and all the other BBC presenters who grieve publicly over theirs.
Make my wife turn it off please.

Buy some lights. Go out on bike. Hope that helps.
:-)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
image.jpg
I like it, but then I've wanted to find out on out my family history since I was a kid, that's when I drew my first family tree whilst on holiday at my granny's house aged about 14. I still have that original piece of paper with all it's mistakes. It only went as far as my grandparents siblings, but some of them couldn't remember all their names. I've not gone that many generations further back since, but every now and again I make another link.

Edit: I was sorting files and opened the box next to me and what should I find but that original tree, so here you are! Actually back to great grandparents!

Last edited:

Cheddar George

oober member
I like it.
Every week there is always a variation on the following .......

"So he left the workhouse, married a woman and started a business, but after the birth of their third child i'm afraid we came across this death certificate for him"
" Oh no ! ... surely not, i can't believe he died !"

Of course he died, he was born in 1876 ....... you are not descended from a long line of immortals.

Top Bottom