Who does that?!

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Saw a great bike on Gumtree, good price.

Me: Hi, is it possible to come see this bike and if I like it, buy it tonight?
Seller: Sure, I don't get in till 8:00 though.
Me: Can I come see it at around 8:30? You're only a few miles away.
Seller: Sure, sounds good. See you then.

35 minutes later...

Seller: Hi, I've had a firm offer for the bike. Thanks for your interest'

What? Who arranges a meeting and then cancels out like that? :cursing: I'd gotten all excited, thinking about what I was going to change about the bike and that I was going to make it to the forum ride.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
so not holding it till you get there then

Night Train

Maker of Things
Thing is, you could have got there and then decided against buying it and the seller could have lost out on a sale to the other interested party.

I suppose the seller could have said that someone else if looking at it first and they would let you know.

Ah, re-read. The seller didn't say that they sold it, just had an offer.

I guess you should still have had an opportunity to see it earlier, say at 8.00.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I put an ebay watch on a Specialized Secteur road bike that had 8 hours to run with the highest bid being £360- it was easily worth £400+ so I didn't want to bid too early... I'd fired myself up to put in a few bids as the price rose... it was perfect, a 58cm frame 2010 one with 105 bits. Went on ebay to check and saw it had been sold 6 hours before the deadline for £325!! Still don't know how that could happen with the stated latest bid on £360... oh well, next time!

Mind you some of the bikes you see are so stupidly cheap with no information on them.... surely they must be stolen?

asterix

Comrade Member
Don't think I'd buy a bike on ebay. Not after the last one! It was only £50 but it made me realise my inability to spot everything that could be wrong with it. I was lucky, everything was fixable but it isn't always. And that's if it isn't nicked..

Top Bottom