Who else found the programme last night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

about John and the other guy with Tourettes highly amusing.

Mrs G was not amused at me laughing my head off.

What else do they expect making stuff like that. John even had a pals called Tommy Trotter and Chopper for gods sake.

His dog deserves a medal after having him trying to get him knocked down every morning.

If you didn't see it get it watched on the BBC i-player

Kovu

Über Member
Was good! :sad: I watched it and found the whole thing funny and then got called cold hearted for laughing.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Aye but the dog wasn't daft. No matter what he said the dog only went when he did!

Despite him trying to get him to cross about 4 times previous

Noodley said:
The bit with his dog was scary :sad:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Greedo said:
about John and the other guy with Tourettes highly amusing.

Mrs G was not amused at me laughing my head off.

What else do they expect making stuff like that. John even had a pals called Tommy Trotter and Chopper for gods sake.

His dog deserves a medal after having him trying to get him knocked down every morning.

If you didn't see it get it watched on the BBC i-player

I've worked with a teenager with Tourettes and there were times of great hilarity tempered with moments of angst. Some of my pupil's tics were in context with his environment and his fellow pupils coped admirably with his sometimes lewd and personal attacks.

As a non sufferer I was exposed to Tourettes for three hours per week. I'd hate to have the life sentence of being a Tourettes sufferer or a partner/immediate family member the strain must be awful.

It was good to see that a support network existed to alleviate the angst of the sufferers in the program but John's distress was clear to see when he looked back at his past and into his future.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Not saying it wouldn't be terrible having it or knowing someone with it but at points I find it hysterical. They made a programme with John and Keith Allen a while back taking a crowd of fellow sufferers to France in a bus. That was comedy genius!

The only thing on an equal par humour wise is people with narcolepsy!

vernon said:
I've worked with a teenager with Tourettes and there were times of great hilarity tempered with moments of angst. Some of my pupil's tics were in context with his environment and his fellow pupils coped admirably with his sometimes lewd and personal attacks.

As a non sufferer I was exposed to Tourettes for three hours per week. I'd hate to have the life sentence of being a Tourettes sufferer or a partner/immediate family member the strain must be awful.

It was good to see that a support network existed to alleviate the angst of the sufferers in the program but John's distress was clear to see when he looked back at his past and into his future.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I opted instead to watch the programme on 4 about building inspectors. Not so immediately funny you might think, but then you would have missed the 'veteran cross dresser' George (the narrator's words), and his decades long scheme to turn his terrace house into a boudoir...

Actually, he wasn't funny when you thought about it, he'd obviously had a hard and mixed up life, but his optimism was amazing. As was his wife, who lived next door, and looked slightly less feminine than he did....

ChrisKH

Guru
I felt deeply sad about John's predicament but must admit to laughing when he punched the lady's face in the supermarket.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Don't get me wrong I feel sorry for the bloke as well but it's still highly amusing.

Go to you tube and type in 'Gareth is not mad'.

It's a cross between Gareth Gates and John done by Bo Selecta bloke. Very clever and very funny as it's a take on the original documentry when John was 15.

ChrisKH said:
I felt deeply sad about John's predicament but must admit to laughing when he punched the lady's face in the supermarket.

yenrod

Arch said:
I opted instead to watch the programme on 4 about building inspectors. Not so immediately funny you might think, but then you would have missed the 'veteran cross dresser' George (the narrator's words), and his decades long scheme to turn his terrace house into a boudoir...

Actually, he wasn't funny when you thought about it, he'd obviously had a hard and mixed up life, but his optimism was amazing. As was his wife, who lived next door, and looked slightly less feminine than he did....

She prob. wears the strp-on ! :biggrin:

Mortiroloboy

Does any one on here know? F*ck Off, Tw*t, is it possible? Ba*st*rd, sh*t, F*ck, to get late onset c*nt, sh*t, f*ck tourettes?:biggrin:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
ChrisKH said:
must admit to laughing when he punched the lady's face in the supermarket.

LOL!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Very very funny but kind of sad too-he actually seemed quite a nice guy.I would love to have a friend with tourettes-thought Pete off Big Brother was funny too:biggrin:The one with Keith Allen at the tourettes camp was a scream but the reality must be a nightmare.

Top Bottom