Who else is working?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
A friend of mine is a nurse at Addenbrookes. Not sure if she's working this year, but I know she doesn't really mind it up until the point when Dame Mary waltzes in with her convict millionaire husband and patronisingly wishes all the staff a merry Christmas, condescendingly talks to a random patient, then breezes onto the next ward. That takes the gloss off it for her.

Ganymede

Veteran
A friend of mine is a nurse at Addenbrookes. Not sure if she's working this year, but I know she doesn't really mind it up until the point when Dame Mary waltzes in with her convict millionaire husband and patronisingly wishes all the staff a merry Christmas, condescendingly talks to a random patient, then breezes onto the next ward. That takes the gloss off it for her.
I'm not surprised. Who do they think they are, royalty?
People may slate the NHS, but the nursing/caring staff sacrifice alot for the care of others. Finishing late on most shifts and often going above and beyond what is expected.

I for one am thankful for them!

That almost sounded like a rant when I read it back.
Not rant. Tribute. Quite right too. And you're not cluttering up their wards with convict millionaires!

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
People always say spare a thought for nurses, police, fire service and rightly so but also spare a thought for the shop workers , petrol station staff, cleaners, carers etc who all work for flat rate on Christmas.
We never have doctors or managers around over Christmas.....

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
People always say spare a thought for nurses, police, fire service and rightly so but also spare a thought for the shop workers , petrol station staff, cleaners, carers etc who all work for flat rate on Christmas.
I used to work in retail - we'd work up to closing on Christmas Eve, have the 25th off and be back in on Boxing Day. Highlights of the season include being yelled at and called all sorts of names because Toy X had sold out before the day or didn't work on the day. Either way, I was an effing c and had personally ruined Spoiled Brat's Christmas.

I think you got off lightly :thumbsup:

gbb

Legendary Member
Off 25/26th, but in work Saturday Sunday 27/28th, my normal weekend in three, only till midday...plus probably working New Years Day (I havnt told the wife yet !!!:blush:)

TBF, 27/28 and the 1st should be quiet days.
No New Years eve celebrations for us then....

Top Bottom