Who else is working?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andabby

Über Member
I'm off my first Xmas in ages this year, though on over new year, luckily swapping from days to nights on New year's eve, so should be able to have 1 or 2 as u do.
Was in forces for years and spent both away from home at times, but can be fun and depends who ur with

Im not but mrs roadrash is a cook in a mental health unit and will be working christmas day just as she has done for the last 7 years :sad:

Ganymede

Veteran
HE'S BEHIND YOUUUUU!!

Just to remind you of what you're missing :blush:. I wouldn't have lasted long in panto; it would have been too tempting to reply with something containing sweary words :ohmy:.
Don't! I was once onstage in a children's show where there was a section of audience participation, getting the children to make animal noises. The two lads playing the spaceman and the superhero added in a hick southern accent : "SQUEAL LAHK A PIGGY!!" and of course they all did. God knows what the parents thought.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Even though I work in catering, rarely I had to work on Christmas day.
Worked new year's day quite often (not this year) or until he early hours of new years eve.
Nowadays I do mostly agency work, can pick and choose to an extend.
Will be working on Boxing day and a few days before/after the 31st.
I work most weekends too, working shifts does not bother me, cycling to work is more relaxed with less traffic on the roads.

Christmas Day falls right in the middle of my 4 week stint away from home at work. So I miss a lot of the build up and by the time I get back home its well into January.
In theory I should get every other one at home but it's never worked like that, far too many away when I should have been with my kids when they open their presents.

F70100

Who, me ?
I'm on standby duty at home on 25th, 26th and 27th. I might get lucky and not get called or I might have to go in and be away from home for the three days. I don't actually mind doing shifts at Christmas, it's being away from home that's the PITA.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Not working the bank holidays but i'm working all the weekdays in between. TBH i don't mind, it's a bit of relief from all the family pressures. This is only the third Xmas in 27 years that i have not worked through Xmas flat out or been on call.

Only 3 years to go that i can use work to escape Xmas then i may just have to disappear to a warmer location for the winter.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Got Christmas day and boxing day off cos they decided to not enforce bank holiday working to save costs 18 months ago. Missed being on call as well this year but I'm working the weekend.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I am working a late shift on Xmas eve, but I am off Xmas day, although our unit is working, but I am working Boxing day, 06.00 start for twelve hours. Much engineering work on the railways. Passenger services may not run over Christmas but we do.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I am working a late shift on Xmas eve, but I am off Xmas day, although our unit is working, but I am working Boxing day, 06.00 start for twelve hours. I am also working on the 28th and 30th. Much engineering work on the railways. Passenger services may not run over Christmas but we do.

Reactions: GM

GarryG

Being an IT contractor, currently with the NHS I tend only to be off when where I'm working is closed, so working this week but off Christmas and boxing day and just off new years day next week.

On the other hand my wife is a sister on A&E and is working this weekend, Christmas and boxing day night shifts and another one in between then and the new year.

People may slate the NHS, but the nursing/caring staff sacrifice alot for the care of others. Finishing late on most shifts and often going above and beyond what is expected.

I for one am thankful for them!

That almost sounded like a rant when I read it back.

Top Bottom