Who got sunburnt today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Joe24 said:
Nope, i put abit of sun cream on my legs and upper arms(where my skin hasnt been exposed as much) and my lower arms havent burnt, just got browner. Legs and upper arms got browner and neck got browner. Face got slightly browner aswell.
I put sun cream on, mainly so Mum doesnt moan at me. But i've been out in the sun for about 3 hours and only my neck went slightly pink. That was a while ago though.

Sounds as though you got browner Joe;)...did you get the book?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yeh, i forgot to PM yo about it. I got it at the end of last week. Just reading it at the moment. Mum has started to read it, but she will be done before me. I like the new cover on it;)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
zimzum42 said:
I've never needed suncream in the UK, unless you're a ginger or an albino, there's never any need....

Are you mental? :rolleyes:

I am neither and it was absolutely necessary yesterday. What it doesn't make any difference to is getting your brain baked (sunstroke), which I definitely felt happened to me yesterday wending my way back from the Lakes...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I now have my usual summer body colour confusion... mixture of various shades of brown/white from cycle shirt, and wearing a vest most of weekend, out in the sun.... :rolleyes:

walker

I've got the pro Look
ArmstrongMedical.jpg

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
bonj said:
my mates put sun cream on when we went for a bike ride but I dont' personally see thepoint myself, not in britain. Was only 23 degrees ffs...

Sorry but I do... I burn quite easily, but gradually turn a sort of freckly light brown. My back definately is red where I didn't get the cream on and fine in the other bits, and that was 3 days ago. And it hurts. Temperature isn't the main thing... its the suns strength which at this time of year is strong enough to burn.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nope - just topping up from having had 2 weeks in Menorca. - I've got proper cycling tan on my arms - usually had a t-shirt on on hols - hate getting burnt - no sun worshiper.

I was out early - climbing the Cat and Long Hill didn't appeal in the heat - was back home before 11am !!

walker

fossyant said:
Nope - just topping up from having had 2 weeks in Menorca. - I've got proper cycling tan on my arms - usually had a t-shirt on on hols - hate getting burnt - no sun worshiper.

I was out early - climbing the Cat and Long Hill didn't appeal in the heat - was back home before 11am !!

Oh, the Spanish gay island near Minorca, like greek Lesbos:biggrin:

k-dog

I've never needed suncream in the UK, unless you're a ginger or an albino, there's never any need....

And this is precisely why the UK has one of the worst skin cancer rates in the world - it's especially bad considering our climate.

People just don't get it. Sure there are lots of days in the years where the UV index is low but then as soon as there is a little sun then people are walking around half naked getting red.

It's worse when they have their 2 week holiday in Spain in August - and don't use any protection there either - because "this red will be brown tomorrow" or other such nonsense.

Top Bottom