Who has been shopping today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Haircut booked for tomorrow, and I need a key cutting.

Otherwise everything else can wait.

gbb

Legendary Member
Two notables in Peterborough, Primark had enormous queues outside apparently and the local carwash looked flat out.
A lot of pent up demand, personally I havnt brought any clothes for a year. That said, if I'd have gone into town and seen massive queues, I'd have turned round .

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I was working, but don't like shopping and will not go to shops unless I absolutely have to.
Hairdresser appointments for Mrs B and I were booked ages ago for this month, but if it had to be cancelled all that would happen is my hair would grow longer. Weekly groceries on click and collect booked for this 8am Friday as usual and will pick up a new wok while we are at the supermarket.
With my area having infection rates at twice the national average I see very little reason to voluntarily be around people I don't know/trust unless necessary.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Local car was was also flat out. I mean, we've still had water and washing up liquid (if desperate).

Local press inteviewed a girl coming out of Primark - she'd spend £400 in there. Apparently had run out of undies and t-shirts etc. I mean, come on. £400 - goodness me how much does that buy in there - a truck load ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Local car was was also flat out. I mean, we've still had water and washing up liquid (if desperate).

Local press inteviewed a girl coming out of Primark - she'd spend £400 in there. Apparently had run out of undies and t-shirts etc. I mean, come on. £400 - goodness me how much does that buy in there - a truck load ?
Plenty...or a washing machine :laugh:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

What had she been doing to wear them out? :ohmy:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Can we have another lockdown, please?

Ruddy cars everywhere, including of course, my own.

But I know what every motorist knows - it's not my car that causes jams, it's all the others.

chris-suffolk

Massive queue of cars at our local hand-carwash yesterday. Interestingly, none of them actually looked dirty - well not by my wash maybe once a year standards anyway.

Top Bottom