Who has their invitation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
I too am washing my hair that day. All l need to do now is decide which one.
But at least the Coronation mugs are on sale now:

Attachments

• 66236-8a3b1681-e94f-4a0c-a99a-964ea318bd80.jpg
    66236-8a3b1681-e94f-4a0c-a99a-964ea318bd80.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 4

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I did once watch bits of a royal wedding in I think 1981 or 82. Cannot remember who was involved.
I was in hospital and it was on in the ward I was in and a public holiday seemed to have been declared.
The only good thing I remember was that they were not going to come and wheel me away to do nasty and painful things to me since it was a holiday.

OP
OP
M

MichaelW2

Guru
I did once watch bits of a royal wedding in I think 1981 or 82. Cannot remember who was involved.
I was in hospital and it was on in the ward I was in and a public holiday seemed to have been declared.
The only good thing I remember was that they were not going to come and wheel me away to do nasty and painful things to me since it was a holiday.

81 was probably the Charles & Di show. Series 1 was OK but it started to seriously wrong by Series 3. The network had to pull the plug on it. The reboot never has the same impact.

All uphill

Still rolling along

I was on a BA flight on that day and was given a glass of champagne to toast their marriage.

So when asked what the Royals ever did for me I have my answer ready.

gavgav

Guru
An extra day to get out on the bike, for me. Let’s hope the weather plays ball on a British bank holiday for once!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Now that Queen Elizabeth 2nd has gone, she can now be called Queen. Queen Consort was to avoid confusion when the real Queen was still on the throne.

Camila wasn't queen at all when Liz 2 was still with us so there was no confusion then

pawl

Legendary Member
I'm playing a gig that day so had to ask the King if I could be excused. He agreed, provided we play at least one Ststus Quo song.

Your good self and his majesty show extremely good taste musically.

I always play Status Quo on my iPad when I’m on the turbo. By now I must know most of the lyrics.If you want a vocalist I’m available for coronations ,weddings but not funerals as the music may not be appropriate 🎶🎼🎵🎸🥁🎻🎺

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Thank goodness the invitation arrived....I just ran out of bog roll. Seriously though, I won't be wtaching a rich aristocrat have a metal hat adorned with carbon allotropes (cyclechat users suddenly responsible for increased word searches on Google about that :okay: ) and other crystal bling put on his bonce and duly announced as my unelected head of state who, oddly, is beyond retirement age.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The words ....

PALACE ARREST
SUSPECT NAMED AS DOG BREEDER DAVID HUBER

have appeared on Talk TV just now.

I wonder if he's 'furious' that Corgis have been replaced by Jack Russells as the official Royal dog?:scratch:

Top Bottom