Who in their right mind would...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SS Retro

A nobber
A whopper
A throbber
will all buy a sponge from wiggle.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
One day, stood in a motorway services waiting for MrsD to get served in Costa, I perused the magazines..There was one called 'Cycling Active' bundled with another title, that month's 'Cycling Plus' I believe. Anyway, they had one of the above sponges packaged in as a free gift, along with a ziplock waterproof phone bag. As I wasn't driving that day I thought, I can read (correction: look at the pictures in) those on the way, £6.00, why not?

So the short answer is, I suppose, indirectly..in really quite a round about sort of way... it was me. I did it. I sort of bought one. Sorry.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
...Pay 2.50 for a sponge from Wiggle

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/muc-off-expanding-sponge/

muc-off-exp-sponge-med.jpg
Ooh, pretty...

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
It was quite amusing to watch it expand slowly when unpacked later though...but getting it back in the bag took three days, two heavy books and a breeze block. The sponge I mean.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
The pipe-cleaner thingies are actually rather good.... got a couple given in a sportive goody-bag a while ago. They get between the cogs on a cassette very well...... wouldn't actually spend proper beer tokens for them though.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
With my secondhand purchase of my bike was an unused and everything still sealed 'Muc Off Ultimate Cleaning and Care Kit' thrown in. In a manly looking black plastic tool style box. With pink clips on it. So I actually own two, count 'em, two, lovely pink sponges.
Well I did. I made the mistake of using the one that came with the magazine and found after one bike clean up I was left with a shed floor covered in a sort of grimy black and shocking pink fluffy-bit confetti and a small bit of intact sponge in my hand. The big manly box was handy though, I keep my road shoes, overshoes and arm warmers in that. (I have to admit the spoke cleaner brush thing was really good.)

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I think @User259 , by the nature of 'Commuting' they wouldn't also be 'spongers'? More likely in ProCycling, where shiny things must be watched, absorbed and then attained (ha ha, marketing works...) for themselves?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

With my secondhand purchase of my bike was an unused and everything still sealed 'Muc Off Ultimate Cleaning and Care Kit' thrown in. In a manly looking black plastic tool style box. With pink clips on it. So I actually own two, count 'em, two, lovely pink sponges.
Well I did. I made the mistake of using the one that came with the magazine and found after one bike clean up I was left with a shed floor covered in a sort of grimy black and shocking pink fluffy-bit confetti and a small bit of intact sponge in my hand. The big manly box was handy though, I keep my road shoes, overshoes and arm warmers in that. (I have to admit the spoke cleaner brush thing was really good.)
So not only is it 2.50, it's crap too. Oh I'd keep quiet about that if I'd actually bought one. Getting it with other things doesn't count. I've still got a beanie hat I got with, yo, down with the kidz and dirty mtn biking magazine, or whatever it was called. I so wasn't their target audience.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I've still got a beanie hat I got with, yo, down with the kidz and dirty mtn biking magazine, or whatever it was called. I so wasn't their target audience.

Yay, off the hook then!...Woop! High five! :highfive:

MrsD did say the shed was eerily glowing from inside through the windows the other day, I said I thought it was a reflection off the pink cherry blossom from the neighbours garden but I think I had taken the other sponge out of the box and left it on a shelf.

Top Bottom