Who is Britain's best Tour de France rider?

Who is Britain's best Tour de France rider?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beancounter

JamesM said:
There's an article and 606 debate on the BBC site regarding who is Britain's best Tour de France rider. What do you think?

My vote goes to Rob Millar at the moment but Cav and Wiggins are looking like they've got potential to be up there with him.

Millar for me too, no question.

bc

If, and it's a big 'if', Wiggy finishes where he is now (4th) would that make him our best placed rider ever? Frankly I'd swap a bauble like the green jersey for a podium finish any day. Go Wiggy! :wacko:

Noodley

Chuffy said:
If, and it's a big 'if', Wiggy finishes where he is now (4th) would that make him our best placed rider ever? Frankly I'd swap a bauble like the green jersey for a podium finish any day. Go Wiggy! :wacko:

Equal with Millar who also finished 4th in 1984 the year he was KoM.

Although IMO a podium place is not as worthy as a Jersey.

Noodley said:

<holds hand palm down and wiggles it>
I'd say podium as it means more.
"3rd in the Tour de France? Bugger me! I shall buy a bicycle immediately"
"Green jersey in the Tour de France? Wossat then?"

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Noodley said:

Just looked that up. Didn't realise. 4th is very good, some massive names ahead of him in 1984 (not that Wiggins finishing third behind Berty & Lance or 4th behind any three of the big names wouldn't be very good too).

marinyork said:
Just looked that up. Didn't realise. 4th is very good, some massive names ahead of him in 1984 (not that Wiggins finishing third behind Berty & Lance or 4th behind any three of the big names wouldn't be very good too).
It would be better. He's English. :wacko:

I think Robert Millar was our best but of the current bunch Wiggins is looking good. Cavendish could be good but lacks the all round talent of Wiggins and he throws his toys out of the pram too often.

Top Bottom