Who is planning LEJOG in 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jannie and I are planning to ride it in July 2016. We will be using B&Bs, hostels and hotels.

We are curious to know who else from CC has decided to ride it next year.

How will you be riding it? Camping or B&Bs.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Hopefully I'll be triking it and me and Mrs P will be staying in our motor home, when we buy it that is :laugh:

I've already done it and don't intend on doing it again. As a ride it's not all that, there are far prettier places to cycle. It is a hugh achievement though, even more so if you take a single figure amount of days to do it in as this means consecutive centuries.

B&B's is the way to go, they cost more but the value is far higher then a campsite wrt sleeping in an actual bed.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I've already done it and don't intend on doing it again. As a ride it's not all that, there are far prettier places to cycle. It is a hugh achievement though, even more so if you take a single figure amount of days to do it in as this means consecutive centuries.

B&B's is the way to go, they cost more but the value is far higher then a campsite wrt sleeping in an actual bed.

Thanks for that Simpleton but I was aiming this at people who are going to ride this next year, not people who have ridden it. There is masses of information on the net about the ride itself. As for it not being a pretty place to cycle, I think that depends on what route you choose.

For everyone else. No stories about the ride please. Just those who intend to ride it next year.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Thanks for that Simpleton but I was aiming this at people who are going to ride this next year, not people who have ridden it. There is masses of information on the net about the ride itself. As for it not being a pretty place to cycle, I think that depends on what route you choose.

For everyone else. No stories about the ride please. Just those who intend to ride it next year.

I'm considering doing it again next year after spending the last seven or eight years mainly touring abroad. As with all of my UK touring ill be camping as it gives greater flexibilty. I'm lucky enough to allocate enough time to have plenty of slack to allow for the days when I don't feel up to the sixty or so miles daily average.

DanZac

I'm planning on doing it next year but extending it a bit by going from home (hampshire) to lands end then LEJOG and back home again down the other coast. Looking at about 2200 miles and aiming for just over a month, probably August / September to tie in with my release from the RAF. Mixture of camping with the odd b&b thrown in for comfort.
Need to get some other distractions finished within the next few months so I can really get my head in the maps and sort out routes etc.
Interested to hear of other planned routes etc if anyones got any advice.

man in black

So far booked car to travel down on Saturday 23rd July to start Sunday morning route in progress

Mile195

Veteran
It's on my agenda. I'm trying to work out what best to do, but I'd prefer to camp as it'll be getting on around £500 on B&Bs otherwise. I'm thinking I'll probably go the other way - JOGLE. Only because I know people in Cornwall I can go see once it's over. Apparently there's more chance of headwinds that way though?

man in black

Where in Kent are you, I have almost planned my route with a mixture of B&B and Camping, it will be much less than £500 plus I have a hired car for the trip down,

Mile195

Veteran
Where in Kent are you, I have almost planned my route with a mixture of B&B and Camping, it will be much less than £500 plus I have a hired car for the trip down,

I'm towards Dartford. I haven't planned anything yet - The idea only popped into my head about a week ago that perhaps this is the year I should do it. I hadn't yet considered how I'd get to JOG, but given my proximity to the airports, I figured I'd probably fly and then go the remainder by rail to the starting point. 50 pounds a night on B&Bs was just a figure I plucked out of the air really - I presume that on average that's probably what they'll end up working out at.

man in black

Just down the road from me, I am led to believe wind favours starting at Lands End, well if you fancy company starting Lands End 23rd July travel down in car the offer is there

Top Bottom