Who is the better guitarist?

Who is the best guitarist?

• Mark Knopfler, of course.

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Eric Clapton.

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Why are considerations about the relative merits of different guitarists always in terms of competition?

Because the disciples of Rock and Roll are no different to disciples of religion in that regard - we'd go to war to determine that ours is best.

Reactions: C R

C R

Guru
Because the disciples of Rock and Roll are no different to disciples of religion in that regard - we'd go to war to determine that ours is best.
Who was it who said "when there is disagreement we discuss it and then decide I was right"?

KneesUp

Guru
Wasn't it Duane who played 'lead guitar' on 'Layla'

A friend of mine was Rick Grech's driver/bodyguard/heavy and one day went round to Rick's house for work and found a semi-conscious guy slumped in the corner looking like a tramp. "Want me to get rid of him" says Dominic to be met with the reply from Rick "Nah, that's Eric Clapton man"

It's a wonder that Clapton is still alive really!

They both play on Layla - according to wikipedia "In an interview, Allman told listeners how to tell who played what: Eric played the Fender parts and Duane played the Gibson parts. He continued by nonchalantly noting that the Fender had a sparklier sound, while the Gibson produced more of a "full-tilt screech".

C R

Guru
[QUOTE 5204422, member: 45"]So, it appears that once the macho bravado has been removed most of us are pretty much saying the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Yngwie Malmsteen is the best, as I said a couple of posts up, discussion is good for establishing the facts :whistle: :tongue:.

Mrs M

Guru
43867188-E99F-4676-8948-97F46E6E5CB6.jpeg
Orianthi Panagaris is the best “wifie” guitarist :music:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Talking of great guitarists I'm having a Michael Rother night on the old stereo tonight (at the moment Harmonia Live 1974 is playing), he is rather good it has to be said, but the greatest is the late, great Michael Karoli.

Top Bottom