Who knows......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
is it a reflector bracket?

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
GrasB said:
That looks almost identical to the bit of metal on my dads old touring bike for holding a spare wheel. NFI what it's called though

Winner!!!
Its a sprint carrier.
Image124.jpg

Image125-1.jpg

You would have one on either side of the bike though(i only have one)
Back in the day, you would ride out to a race on your bike, with its normal wheels on, and have your good wheels, which you would race on, on the front like that pictured, to put on when you got there, so you didnt wear out/puncture on your good wheels!
Then, after the race you would put the good wheels back how they were, on the sprint carriers, and your normal wheels back on the bike and ride home/go on a ride.

See this chappy
wheel-carrier.jpg

More on them

Pretty cool huh?
This one took wheels of someone in my club to lots of different races. When i get spare wheels for my TT bike, they may also take my spare wheels to a few TTs aswell.

Just me that finds it pretty cool? Sorry.

Attachments

• Image124.jpg
    Image124.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Image125-1.jpg
    Image125-1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 12
  • wheel-carrier.jpg
    wheel-carrier.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
J

Joe24

Jane Smart said:
quotes Joe

" I didnt know at first, i got told about it, but had to search on google."

neer neer ;-)

Well the person said he had some tubs for me, and also sprint carriers i can have.
No idea what they were, so did a search.

Im educating you here!!!!
Deary me, i thought more then one person would get it:rolleyes:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
cool. i could do with some of those so i could ride my sprint wheels on the fixie and have some spares for if they go tits up :rolleyes:

i do know someone that used to do as joe describes, so i'm gutted not to have guessed :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Jane Smart said:
However, pretty cool Joe, I did not know they even existed or for that matter, you could carry a spare wheel.:rolleyes:

I carry a spare tyre though:biggrin:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

alecstilleyedye said:
cool. i could do with some of those so i could ride my sprint wheels on the fixie and have some spares for if they go tits up :rolleyes:

i do know someone that used to do as joe describes, so i'm gutted not to have guessed :smile:

You cant buy them anymore i dont think, can just get them second hand. Look on ebay, or ask around in your club maybe?

Hopefully, i will get a spare fixed rear wheel for the TT bike(and the normal fixed when i need it) so i can carry it around like described after i got a puncture on the last TT.

Which adds more to the more of a want of an old fixed(or even a geared bike i could convert) so i could really go for the old style look.

Top Bottom