Who likes The Fall then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Just Stuck on Hex Enduction Hour for the first time in ages. Hip Priest sounds fantastic after such a long rest.

I'd forgotten how incredible they sound at their best. Haven't bought anything by them for over 20 years though, might try and catch up.

Onto Deer Park now. By christ it's good.

yello

My favourite band though I too haven't bought an album in many years, 96's Light User Syndrome in my case.

I'm tempted to read MES's autobiography but the snippets I've read on the web make it seem a bit 'then I went to the shops and bought some chips'-ish.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Went and saw 'em with me stepson in leeds in the summer.

It was like watching your altzheimic grandfather stumble round the living room looking for the werthers he left on the mantlepiece for two hours. But it was also sublime. Very tight band and excellent, original lyrics. rude bastard though. Funny.

The support band, bobby peru, were fuc&ing excellent as well.

I am curious Oranj was my last purchase i think - going back some. I might have a look on youtube later. TBH I've always thought Smith was a bit of a nob. I remember when John Peel died and he was being interviewed on Newsnight about it, he acted really childish and petulant.

yello

dan_bo said:
It was like watching your altzheimic grandfather stumble round the living room looking for the werthers he left on the mantlepiece for two hours.

Frightening isn't it? The guys, what, 51-ish? Seems nearer 70. I last saw them live as part of someone's Melt Down selection at the Festival Hall a few years back. As you say, he's a cantankerous old scrote and has little time for... pretty much anyone! Can't knock the guys track record though ;)

I met him once... I doubt he remembers it though! At the Riverside in Hammersmith after a performance of some play he wrote... the name escapes me, around the time of Curious Orange. Michael Clark (the dancer) was there too and I spoke more with him than MES as he was at least coherent! Tbh, I could have quite fancied him if I was that way inclined; lovely bloke and fit as a butcher's dog!

yello

Cheadle Hulme, that's apt for this thread! Reminds me; Alanah Perry (sp??) was there too (though that's hardly name dropping!) - he/she said her boyfriend owned half of Cheadle Hulme!

I'd forgotten all about that! Used to love listening to James H every evening. We used to have a competition at 6th form to see who could get through with the most boring topics. i think the girl who used to request Fall songs was at 6th form too. Happy days.

My band once played with The Fall at a wedding, of all places. They went on after us and used all our gear. We spent an hour or so chatting to them afterwards and they all (even Mark E!) seemed like nice people. They invited us out to an eighties nightclub then back to their hotel afterwards for some booze and drugs, but they said they were "short of booze" so we didn't go.
This is all absolutely true, by the way.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Rubbish. Don't believe you.

I was interviewed by John Mundy on look north west once when I was seven. so there.

Moose

dan_bo said:
But it was also sublime.

Sublime - I couldn't agree more ;)

I'm not a huge fan, but still have to listen to This Nation's Saving Grace, Bend Sinister and The Frenz Experiment every now and then.

postman

Legendary Member
I need to get out more.Cos i thought you were talking about the weather and the leaves changing colour.Honest.

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's one of those things I always intended to get around to doing, like learning Spanish. I know I SHOULD make an attempt to get into them but haven't so far found the time.

Top Bottom