Who needs carbon frames?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@biggs682 - you need to borrow my aluminium Principia TT bike which now has a disc wheel: I got 25 minutes on a hilly 10 mile TT

Mind you, I'm on the same course next month against my 13yo and I'm expecting him to :cycle: me

@DCLane i am awaiting a still day weather wise to have a go (unofficially ) on one of the local 10 mile courses on my all singing & dancing Viner Maxima rs4.0 to try and better the time i did last year which i think was just over 32 mins

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
@biggs682 or @DCLane you could borrow mine if you want to go TT retro!

image.jpeg

FishFright

More wheels than sense
How many on here need a bike at all ? I mean need and not want one to exercise on etc. We've seen how middle class this forum considers itself to be so the reason most rides bikes probably isn't necessity or poverty.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
How many on here need a bike at all ? I mean need and not want one to exercise on etc. We've seen how middle class this forum considers itself to be so the reason most rides bikes probably isn't necessity or poverty.
I have no other transport (through choice) and neither does Maz and we're far from poor. :cycle: :bicycle:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I have no other transport (through choice) and neither does Maz and we're far from poor. :cycle: :bicycle:

So not need so my point stands , even though I have no other transport either - again though choice . Although now I'm on ESA I am relatively poor now.

Last edited:

barr313

I found a web site a while ago ( did not bookmark it ) so never found it again.
It gave the advanteges in time saved for various aero developements in cycle racing on recent years.
This was in seconds per mile and really showed how things ike aero bars, skin suits etc have made for quicker times.

As an aside I wonder what sort of distance Alf Engers would have done if he had ever gone for the hour record.

Milzy

Guru
I would have a Cannondale CAAD 12. Lovely Alu frame that’s light, stiff, strong, aero & affordable.

Good morning.

....As an aside I wonder what sort of distance Alf Engers would have done if he had ever gone for the hour record.

Didn't Alf Enger, Eddie Atkins etc ride in an era of aero advantages that are no longer available?

If my memory server me well there were a couple of courses where amny records were set, they were dual carriage ways and the TTs took place during rush hour to benefit from being sucked along by HGVs. ^_^

I need to find some reason to explain why he is 10mph faster then me!

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom