"Who" next?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

I see the new doc is an ex-UEA student. If the UEA campus goes Doctor Who crazy, it'll drive WCMnr up the wall...

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'm not convinced. Following Tennant is always going to be difficult, but this chap looks like a refugee from a boyband. Or someone that Little Miss would go out with. And he's overdoing the humble bit to the extent of sounding like a sponge.

jonesy

Guru
wafflycat said:
Confirms Doctor Who's very definite move away from viewers over the age of 15, I'd have thought.

One hopeful sign though is that Steven Moffatt is taking over as lead scriptwriter; he's written some of the cleverest stories (Empty Child, Silence in the library, Girl in the fireplace) and it will be interesting to see what he does with it.

Mr Pig

Missed opportunity in my opinion.

They missed the opportunity to not make any more of the crappy shows! :0(

Mr Pig

It'll go the same way as the original show. It'll get ever-more idiotic until even children and X-factor fans can't stand it any more. Sooner the better.

Will they have a doctor who lasted as long as Tom Baker.
I was wondering who was the shortest serving dotor in IMO it was Christopher Eccleston one season, I think whe said he he didn't want to be type cast the could be worse programes to be type cast in

yello

Raleigh Man said:
I think whe said he he didn't want to be type cast

There's some conjecture as to what really happened... there was apparently a press release issued on his, achem, behalf that said he didn't want to be type cast. Eccleston had suggested he didn't make/ok the press release, nor that it was the reason for his leaving. But then he has never really said why (publicly anyway) he left. I suspect there's a whole lot more to the story.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, it could be worse. He's horribly young (At a stretch, I could just about be his mother...) but slightly interesting looking, and I do remember seeing Party Animals and it being quite good.

Might be interesting if they have the guts to give him a companion or two who's older than he is...

Saturday, I dreamt the regeneration episode! I don't remember the enemy, I think it was something more psychological than just a monster, just that for the space of the episode, after regenerating, the old doctor (DT) somehow hung around to help, and then just sort of disappeared when all was well, having 'handed over'. I reckon that might be quite good... (and they could hint that he'd gone off to that other dimension where Rose is...)

Shortest serving Doctor? Paul McGann, one hour.

I still think David Morrisey would have been good though.

Top Bottom