Who owned a pair of

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I hardly wore anything else for most of the early 1980s!

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr843.html

purpleR

Guru
I did and I'm well under 40! I was copying my trendy older sister though. And I remember a friend of hers who had a cat called Mary Chain McMonkey Boots... Right On!

lardarse rider

Frickin Jebus. I had forgotten all about these. I used to wear slightly cooler suede ones during the warmer school months and the obligatory Dr Martens boots throughout the year. Both styles dyed your white socks grey. Brilliant, this has made my day.

OP
OP
G

gary r

Guru
Jeez! they look ugly now!! I thought i was the biz in my monkey boots & green army combat trousers!!
I remember pestering my mum for months to get me a pair!!

gary r said:
Monkey Boots:biggrin: Can you still get them?? Those of you under 40 probably dont know what im talking about

nor those over 45?

ChrisKH

Guru
John Ponting said:
nor those over 45?

Well I'm pushing 45 and had Monkey Boots first and then DM's when my Dad got promoted. I think it only applies to those who went to State schools John. :biggrin::biggrin:

Noodley

I must have been going through a different boot stage when they were on the go, as I don't remember them. Perhaps I was pixie-boot wearing at the time :biggrin::biggrin:

urbanfatboy

Über Member
jeez I forgot all about them!!! Yes I used to have them!!!

Hah! Monkey Boots and a Donkey jacket, they were the days, before this anti-fur lobby.

Top Bottom