Who scripts dreams?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Any psychologists on here? I've just dreamed that I accidentally nudged someone's car in traffic. We agreed to pull over in a layby to check for damage and while we were doing this somebody drove off in my car - I'd left the window open and the key in the ignition. I was as shocked in the dream as you'd be in real life.

Now how did my brain think up this unexpected turn of events? Did it know this was going to happen and plan it or did it make it up as it went along?

Your dream will come true shortly.

Pete

The answer is, probably, that most people's dreams are not that far removed from their real-life experiences - just that situations which don't normally come together are supernaturally mixed together. So perhaps you were in a stolen car situation at some time in your life, perhaps you left the keys in a car on another occasion, and perhaps you had a minor accident on a third occasion. And the dream - sort of - juxtaposed these events. Any clues there?

In my experience dreams do not prognosticate. Leave that stuff for the Bible-writers.

Excuse me while I go and look up 'Jung'...

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've never had a car stolen or had an accident. Seldom leave keys in car either, unless I'm very near by.

longers

Legendary Member
Last night I dreamt that Amazon phoned me up to ask why I had left seller feedback saying "Badgers are not very good at dancing." :wacko:

in order to remember your dreams you must think of them as if they were little kittens

so said King Missile. they went on to explain that you need to leave a saucer of milk and say "here kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty" and then you can recall the dream vividly. try it, it might just work.

longers said:
Last night I dreamt that Amazon phoned me up to ask why I had left seller feedback saying "Badgers are not very good at dancing." :wacko:

That's true

laurence said:
in order to remember your dreams you must think of them as if they were little kittens

so said King Missile. they went on to explain that you need to leave a saucer of milk and say "here kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty" and then you can recall the dream vividly. try it, it might just work.

it doesn't I tried it. I was just about to buy myself a new Mtn bike this morning, lightweight, good suspension, good make when son No1 woke me up and I can't remember the make!

SamNichols

The only person that scripts your dreams is your sub-conscious. In my case, it appears that my sub-conscious is a dribbling idiot with a sense of the absurd that is on a sub-Mighty Boosh level.

buggi

Bird Saviour
had two last night. first one my bloke dumped me. 2nd one i was being chased by zombies. i was with my sister and her son and we stole a bus and was running them over. then there was this really persistent zombie so my sister jumped off the bus to punch him. then i woke up.

col

Legendary Member
buggi said:
had two last night. first one my bloke dumped me. 2nd one i was being chased by zombies. i was with my sister and her son and we stole a bus and was running them over. then there was this really persistent zombie so my sister jumped off the bus to punch him. then i woke up.

Hey iv had one like that.I was getting my family out of the building,dont know which one,and if they touched you,you turned into one,i got cornered,then woke up,i had that a few times.

Dave5N

Über Member
Quite clear. The bloke dumping you represents your bloke, dumping you.

The zombies are all the sad blokes on here after they hear about the above.

The bus is, um, your pc. Or mebbee a thread on the forum itself?

Your sister is really Shaun Admin.

:blush:

Top Bottom