Who went out for a ride this morning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Out on the cross bike for a few laps of the bridleway around the perimeter of some nearby woods. Everytime I come across a horse or pedestrian I dismount and run past, normally this means about two dismounts per lap and not too much running. Today there were loads of people and a few horses about so loads more running today. I've only just fitted a computer to the cross bike, 14 miles riding and I was probably never more than 2.5 miles from home at any point.

There's a cold wind today, the great thing about riding around in the woods is it's really sheltered.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
35km for me this morning. A bit chilly but new gloves and windproof cap were great. Kept off this booze yesterday cause of driving but today.......break out the Fraoch and Talisker

Cranky

30 miles today to cafe and back with three of the usual suspects. Gorgeous sunshine and a bracing easterly. Didn't see many other cyclists, surprisingly, but a lot of walkers.

Did 38 miles today. Here are some pics.

Rhossili Beach.
11r69og.jpg

Fairweather cooling off
21108lw.jpg

Me, trying not to fall over in the wind!
24g6t04.jpg

Quite popular for Boxing Day?
xq040y.jpg

Climb up to Cefn Bryn from Reynoldston
11jn2it.jpg

From Llanrhidian side
abkmeu.jpg

View from Cefn Bryn down to Oxwich Bay
5cc7jc.jpg

View from Cefn Bryn over to Lougher Estuary and Pembrey/Cefn Sidan
s4svi1.jpg

Fairweather over the last climb of the day
vrzyhh.jpg

A very enjoyable ride today, but cold.

colly

Re member eR
Nice pics lardyboy. What a great area to be riding in.

Gary D

Did my usual 20 mile loop this afternoon.
Good weather. Dryish roads. Saw the local hunt along with loads of ramblers. Why are they like frightened rabbits when you approach them?? :hello: They were taking up the whole width of the narrow lane. When I approached, some went left, some right - then they changed their minds :stop: Those that had dogs went in opposite directions. FFS make up your minds!! Good job I wasn't (capable of) going fast :biggrin:

Haven't been on a bike for 4 weeks, and what with a few extra pounds, and yesterdays over-indulgence................

was I SLOOOOOOOOW ;) :ohmy:

About 1.5mph average slower and 8 minutes longer.

More training - less alcohol and food. That is the answer!!

Gary.

LLB

Gary D said:
Did my usual 20 mile loop this afternoon.
Good weather. Dryish roads. Saw the local hunt along with loads of ramblers. Why are they like frightened rabbits when you approach them?? :angry: They were taking up the whole width of the narrow lane. When I approached, some went left, some right - then they changed their minds :angry: Those that had dogs went in opposite directions. FFS make up your minds!! Good job I wasn't (capable of) going fast :ohmy:

Haven't been on a bike for 4 weeks, and what with a few extra pounds, and yesterdays over-indulgence................

was I SLOOOOOOOOW :hello: :stop:

About 1.5mph average slower and 8 minutes longer.

More training - less alcohol and food. That is the answer!!

Gary.

Ramblers :rolleyes:

Local Hunt ;)

I did a 20 mile ride this evening, went through Deerhurst by the Severn where that dog walker got stuck in the mud last week, it was Ffffffffffffffreeeeezzzzziiiiinnngggg :biggrin:

Tarbo

HLaB said:
I did 38 miles too but mine weren't half as nice, even though it is my birthday.

Managed to get about 20 miles in this evening. Couldn't go til 5pm as the Mrs was working. Not too bad, only one near miss :ohmy:. And it's my birthday tomorrow - 44 :evil:

simoncc

My Xmas day ride was a 25 miler in Surrey. 12.5 miles from Camberley to the top of the Hog's Back and then home by 11am.

Top Bottom