Who went out for a ride this morning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, I got myself out of bed and went for a ten mile ride. I could feel the fine claret from the day before oozing out of my skin! Now, I'm looking for the cork-screw to open a magnum for Boxing Day lunch! :angry:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Just got in from 40km...freezing easterly wind today...not many cars, no lorries and no buses...YEEEhaH!!...just a few joggers and dog walkers...and one wonderful lady on a MTB covered in tinsel and hunting horns struggling up a hill!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I did the boxing day 10 today on the fixed. Didnt change the gear, was still my normal 68 so was spinning alot.
I cant remember the time, but it wasnt that easy. I was coughing for ages after. Good fun though, i had some tinsel on my handlebars special:becool:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
21 miles and home by 10.45am - legs heavy with beer (stayed off the red wine) and chest a bit tight. Nice and bright, if a little chilly.....good job I had a wind proof skull cap on under my new Bell Volt - it's cold !!

Certainly feel lots better for the ride -slightly weak shoulder from last weeks crash, but able to climb out of the saddle with it OK.

I'll get out tomorrow as well....!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yep - just done 25 miles up hill and down dale here in the Ribble Valley, out at 8.30. Nice and sunny but there's a cold easterly breeze. Saw almost nobody but other riders started appearing coming out as I was on my way home. The new arm warmers are just ace but now I need a windproof, which doesn't flap in the wind.

Got home pretty cold and straight into a bath, which I topped up with hot until I was sweating. Got out then and felt faint!

MTB club ride to the Strawberry Duck Sunday.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
snorri said:
Tinsel?:ohmy::ohmy:
This from the guy who claimed he was a serious cyclist a couple of weeks ago.:sad::sad:

:biggrin:

It was there to aid my weight thank you;):angry:
My idea was that because i have no problem with up hills, and the fixed lacks the speed downhill then i would add weight to it so i could go faster downhill, and get the momentum for the uphill section.
And yes it did work.
I am a serious cyclist, i know what im doing:becool:
:smile::laugh::smile:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
I did the boxing day 10 today on the fixed. Didnt change the gear, was still my normal 68 so was spinning alot.
I cant remember the time, but it wasnt that easy. I was coughing for ages after. Good fun though, i had some tinsel on my handlebars special:becool:
NOBODY forgets their time.

It was embarrassing, wasn't it?:angry:

Will1985

Über Member
Just got back from 90km with Heart Attack's club. A bit of a breeze but not too bad - now I'm really hungry, but I get my priorities right: CycleChat, shower, food!

colly

Re member eR
A nice fresh ride out this morning getting in a couple of hours ago.
Did around 34 miles partly following the West Yorkshire Cycle Route.

[FONT=&quot]www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=2772[/FONT]

I did the section from Shadwell just north of Leeds to Barwick in Elmete to check out for future reference what the signs were like. Not really surprised to find a few missing and also that were a good number that were confusing. If I didn't know the area I would be hard pushed to follow the route using the signs alone.

Anyone who fancies completing this route during the summer look out for references to it in 'Events, clubs and lift shares'.

Top Bottom