Who would like to go to 2122?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Maybe Royal Mail will have delivered my tyre by then.

A perished one, that got tired

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Who would like to go to 2122? In a similar vein to my post in the Middle Ages thread: I would like to go as a visitor; but probably not as a permanent resident.
I would pop in to 2122 and download the last century's stock exchange records; then return to 2022 and live in much greater comfort than I do now.

D

Deleted member 1258

Who would like to go to 2122? In a similar vein to my post in the Middle Ages thread: I would like to go as a visitor; but probably not as a permanent resident.
I would pop in to 2122 and download the last century's stock exchange records; then return to 2022 and live in much greater comfort than I do now.

Will the Stock Exchange still exist in 2122?

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Will the Stock Exchange still exist in 2122?

Probably: it was going strong in 1822. If it does not exist in 2122, knowing what happened to it should be as rewarding as having access to its records. None the less, you ask an interesting question: What are the limits to the limited liability company? Presumably one possibility is a world of such ubiquitous high living standards that there is no longer a need for private enterprise. A nice idea in some ways; but not one that rings very true to me. The joys of armchair time travel…

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
1656009051304.png

D

Deleted member 1258

Probably: it was going strong in 1822. If it does not exist in 2122, knowing what happened to it should be as rewarding as having access to its records. None the less, you ask an interesting question: What are the limits to the limited liability company? Presumably one possibility is a world of such ubiquitous high living standards that there is no longer a need for private enterprise. A nice idea in some ways; but not one that rings very true to me. The joys of armchair time travel…

Its more likely we've gone in the other direction, a world inhabited by small tribes living a far more basic life than we do now.

D

Deleted member 1258

Like Glasgow?

I've never been to Glasgow so I don't know, it'll be more like the British Isles before the Norman Conquest where there was no England and it was made up of small kingdoms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom