Who would you rather go for a pint with

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
beanzontoast said:
I'd have a cup of tea with Nick Clegg. I saw him dunking biscuits at the weekend (HobNobs I believe). Only a man of the people dunks his bikkies on tv.

In that case, Nick Clegg would be my choice! :biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Nick Clegg for me. Seems like a normal sort of chappie (if that is feasible in politics). Cameron is just too smooth and I don't like slippy slimey trails in bars after I've had a few. Gordon I think would be quite interesting in a one on one. He just doesn't do crowds too well.

I have never had a drink with David Cameron but I have leaned against the same bar as him on a number of occasions before he became leader of the opposition - seemed very personable and friendly, relaxed and at home - but the Tite is very definetly a bastion of Cotswold Conservatism

zacklaws

Guru
Anyone but Brown, after you get the drinks in, he'd probably pull out a collection box and lecture you that you should be paying an extra 10p on them drinks.

Well I do go riding with our local MP (Conservative) as he's in our pub cycling club and a pint in the pub on occasions, so that's about nearest I'll ever get to Cameron.

Bloody hell, there go all my friends now.

In fact, casting my mind back, the perfect person to have gone for a drink with, would have been that liberal leader, a short while ago, his name escapes me now, but he liked a good drink or two or four or more....... you'd probably never have to dip in your pocket, especially if you liked whiskey.

chas.hires_thumb.jpg

Make mine a double, and get yourself one"

numbnuts

Legendary Member
None of the above, just glad I don’t drink

Noodley

Cameron and Clegg - one eyebrow shaved off of each of them at the end of the night :tongue:

Twats the lot of them...

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Dayvo said:
Follow Billy Connolly's advice: if you wouldn't buy them a beer, don't vote for them!

Nick Clegg would be my choice, though!

He also said "the desire to be a politician should bar you from life from ever being one":laugh:

Top Bottom