Who's braving the elements tomorrow?..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paddygt

I will not get the chance today to do anything but, if the local radio is to believed, we will be snowed in either Monday or Tuesday so we must be expecting .5cm of snow:whistle: Sadly, I am a total wuss when it comes to snow and ice especially now the knobblies have been replaced with City Jets.... So it may well be a walk to work and back for the next few days/weeks. Will my Garmin 200 work while walking? Need to keep my stats up lol :rolleyes:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Shouldn't be in here typing this ... sun beating down ouside..... decided not to join the clubrun this morning, and went for a local walk instead. Probably a wise decision. The roads are bone dry BUT the puddles - and there are still a lot of them are frozen solid. Wherever there is a trace of moisture, it's frozen, and looks to stay frozen all day in the shade. Surprised to find that the main A road hadn't been gritted either, and any water on that was sheet ice. All very deceptive. It just looks so tempting, but a lot of the lanes have suffered from run off and flooding, and could be treacherous.

Nearly there

Veteran
The weather was superb here yesterday no ice or anything just blue sky with a yellow thing in it all day did 35 miles & got some Pr's on that damn Strava :hyper:thing,today though its snowing and its laying so its a Beer and Football day for me :cheers:

Stu Smith

Veteran
Hilly 27 Mile today..Felt the cold on the down hills after the sweating going up.. Needed a new inner tube LBS closed, so called in at Halfords,, buy one get one free,happy with that..

outlash

also available in orange
Was out from about 8 this morning and did about 22 miles. It wasn't too bad here until I was about 5 miles from home when we had some icy snow coming down which was quite painful on the face. Saying that, it upped my average speed a bit after rattling home as quick as I could!

Tony.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Cold but dry in the North East so I did my usual 15 mile jaunt.

Called into Morrison's on the way back for a bag of shopping, so that's one car journey saved.

For me the bike today has been fun, exercise and practical transport - I like the idea of that.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
There wasn't any weather for me to brave either, a light peppering of white stuff on verges and frequent ice in the gutter an only the occasional on road stuff.
Call me a coward but it doesnt take many square feet of ice to put you in A and E . Cycled in to work thios morning but was carefull on bits I know to be dodgy(zero ice on road despite temperature). Will prob use car if forecasts prove accurate for rest of week.

Banjo

Cold but dry in the North East so I did my usual 15 mile jaunt.

Called into Morrison's on the way back for a bag of shopping, so that's one car journey saved.

For me the bike today has been fun, exercise and practical transport - I like the idea of that.

If I can combine a bike ride with a journey I needed to make anyway then I feel great satisfaction in haveing enjoyed the ride,burned off a few calories and saved some petrol into the bargain.

jim55

Guru
yeah ,i wussed out this morn (sun,took the bike yest though)and took the car it was bloody cold and a few snowy showers but never really came to much ,but if theres a chance of ice il just play safe

Peteaud

Veteran
Went out on bike and nice and sunny, although cold and my toes got a bit painful.

Must invest in some over shoes or winter boots.

Loads out today.

Banjo

On routes you do every day generally you know where to be cautious. i have a steep downhill double bend on my route into work which is allways wet in winter. Crawled around it this morning instead of banked over doing 20 mph as I usually would.Another bit is on a privately owned road which the council doesnt grit.Came across an upside down car on it 2 winters ago,

Other than my commute I will stick to main roadfs until it warms up a bit.

Top Bottom