Who's going out on their bike tomorrow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I was hoping to, but because of the weather here, might have to leave it. Unless it drys out abit in the aftenoon, then i will have to wait untill boxing day when i have more time.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I've just been out and done a quick 15miles. Pretty wet and dreary here but I'm desperate to try and burn off this cold/man flu/threatening chest infection thingy :biggrin:

'twas still a nice ride though, albeit a bit of a breathless one :biggrin:

Joe

Über Member
I've been out for a quick(ish) 20 miler. The weather wasn't the best. Pissing down though not too windy.
I enjoyed the looks I got from people. Must have thought I was a bit of a nutter powering up hills on my own, in the rain, on xmas morning :biggrin:
I didn't so much enjoy coming off and cutting my hip and elbow up!

john59

Guru
Went out for a 6 mile run this morning and then a twelve mile bike ride this afternoon when my wife finished work. The weather was bright but cool. Merry Christmas!:biggrin:

Plax

Guru
I'm planning on going out tomorrow (Boxing day). Plan on cycling to my dads (well I've got to try and my new fleece and jacket after all). I've lugged all my presents home in the car today :biggrin:.
It'll be about 12 miles or so, my first long distance ride with clipless pedals. Should be amusing, I'm taking all the back roads so at least if I fall off nobody will see me.

john59

Guru
Plax said:
I'm planning on going out tomorrow (Boxing day). Plan on cycling to my dads (well I've got to try and my new fleece and jacket after all). I've lugged all my presents home in the car today :biggrin:.
It'll be about 12 miles or so, my first long distance ride with clipless pedals. Should be amusing, I'm taking all the back roads so at least if I fall off nobody will see me.

Make sure you set your pedals so that they release easily until you get use to them, you'll never go back to toe clips. Enjoy your ride.:biggrin:

Plax

Guru
Make sure you set your pedals so that they release easily until you get use to them, you'll never go back to toe clips. Enjoy your ride.:biggrin:

I'm having more difficulty getting in them, than clipping out of them at the moment. I've got the ones that you can twist your foot in any direction to get out of them. I'm very consious of them at the moment so clipping out isn't a problem. I fear the trouble will come when I "forget" I'm clipped in, slow down and then go "Aaargghh!" whilst falling sideways.

john59

Guru
Plax said:
I'm having more difficulty getting in them, than clipping out of them at the moment. I've got the ones that you can twist your foot in any direction to get out of them. I'm very consious of them at the moment so clipping out isn't a problem. I fear the trouble will come when I "forget" I'm clipped in, slow down and then go "Aaargghh!" whilst falling sideways.

We've all been there. I've never fallen off due to them not releasing. But have fallen and found them releasing while falling. After a while you'll wonder how you rode without them, one of Shimanos' great innovations.

Top Bottom