Who's going out on their bike tomorrow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

on the road

Über Member
I was going to go out today seeing as there was nothing on telly, then I wasn't, then I was, then I wasn't, then I looked out the window and seen clear blue sky and sun, so I done over 25 miles :biggrin:

john59

Guru
Smokin Joe said:
You've lost me John, what did Shimano have to do with clipless pedals, apart from copying Look?

I think SPD's are slightly different than Look pedals, not recessed for walking etc. But what I'm trying to say is that Shimano brought clipless to the masses and can only be praised for that.:biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
john59 said:
I think SPD's are slightly different than Look pedals, not recessed for walking etc. But what I'm trying to say is that Shimano brought clipless to the masses and can only be praised for that.:biggrin:
No, Look bought clipless pedals to the masses. They are and always have been the biggest supplier of these.

john59

Guru
Smokin Joe said:
No, Look bought clipless pedals to the masses. They are and always have been the biggest supplier of these.

Not very practicable for the average commuter or touring cyclist! Who wants to walk like a duck.
:biggrin:

Ranger

Cycled into work this morning (because I had to work, not for fun). Wind behind me, no cars, absolute bliss, fastest time by about 5 minutes

Dave5N

Über Member
Didn't race in the end 'cos I had the kids today.

Looked lovely out, too.

wafflycat

john59 said:
Not very practicable for the average commuter or touring cyclist! Who wants to walk like a duck.
:ohmy:

I have Look shoes where the cleat is recessed into the sole of the shoe. *Excellent* and no walking like a duck. Just as well as I can't get on with normal spds

I went out yesterday (Boxing Day) as working Christmas Daybut as usal I cycled to work. I did a 24.60 mile ride which is not bad after all that rich food.
Iain.

Top Bottom