Who's got a front reflector on their bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
Mate, a year! It was sort of pointing downwards so it was below the level of the h'bars, so didn't really notice it ;)

I do notice things like chains snapping, tho...Cheers Fossy.

Is it really worth taking it off, after a year?:biggrin: Only that you know what it's like, you get a screwdrvier out to take a reflector off and end up with the bike in 742 bits, three weeks later, and missing a vital springy bit.

Plax

Guru
I've left all my reflectors on. I've moved them though. The front reflector is attached to the handlebar stem rather than on the handlebars to make room for all my lights & computer (and bell!). Back reflector is on the seatpost. Wheel reflectors still on wheels. Unfortunately I have replaced the original pedals with SPD's so have no pedal reflectors 'cos I can't find any!

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Plax said:
...Unfortunately I have replaced the original pedals with SPD's so have no pedal reflectors 'cos I can't find any!
The reflectors that came with my SPD pedals were pretty naff and wouldn't stay on. A bit of reflective tape should do the trick.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
...my roadie/Audax thing doesn't. But then, it very rarely ventures out of the living room anyway, so it doesn't really need them.
I have an old exercise bike that never ventures outside the house. It has reflectors on the pedals. It's political correctness gone mad.

I actually like wheel reflectors too. I notice in my LBS that virtually all their 'everyday' bikes have them. What do people feel about these? Improving sideways-on visibility is just as important surely?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Maz said:
How sticky is it? As good as the description says?

On a flat surface, its sticky. What I would say is that its a thick tape, easily a good couple of mm and doesn't like bending.

I split a length in 1/2 and put it on the seat stays. LH side was fine, RH started to peel along its length. Sorted it with a few cable ties tho.

No problem with the bit on the mudguard (great radius of curvature in both directions.

So great on flat surfaces or large curves. Think about it on small radii.

Wouldn' consider it for fabric

Top Bottom