Who's interested . . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
. . . in a CC autumn/spring cycling (drinking, eating, laughing) week in Spain (and islands), Italy, France? :laugh:

With plenty of local airports scattered around the UK to popular destinations on the continent, we (assuming people are interested) should be able to find something suitable.

Any views on this?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's possible, Dayvo, if I can sort a few things out and Mrs rich p doesn't collar me for a trip somewhere first!

My I give an unashamed plug for:

http://www.benemax.biz/

It belongs to a retired colleague, although I have never been there myself I have hard nothing but good reports.

Plenty of cycling routes on the doorstep, airport not to far away (i understand you can be picked up from the airport).
On the days your not cycling, Venice is a train ride away.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
addictfreak said:
My I give an unashamed plug for:

http://www.benemax.biz/

It belongs to a retired colleague, although I have never been there myself I have hard nothing but good reports.

Plenty of cycling routes on the doorstep, airport not to far away (i understand you can be picked up from the airport).
On the days your not cycling, Venice is a train ride away.

I'll let you know - I'm going there with a couple of friends in June;)

rich p said:
I'll let you know - I'm going there with a couple of friends in June;)

Nice one. Ian is a nice guy and very knowledgeable about cycling/triathlon etc.

Fingers crossed thats its as good as i've been told. I would be going myself but Mrs AF has no interest in cycling, she likes to veg out by the pool and read a book while on holiday:sad::evil::sad:

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Moodyman said:
I'd be interested, depends how long you're planning to go for and when.

jags said:
what exactly had you in mind,sounds like it could be a great trip.

From mid-late autumn (October to mid-November) or early spring (late February to late March) for one week (Saturday to Saturday).

Spain offers a more guaranteed (friendlier) climate plus a variety of rides; coastal, hill, mountain, plateau (and is cheaper than France and Italy). But I'm happy to go anywhere, really, within reason.

How we cycle is up to us; one large group, or smaller groups depending on how fast/slow/far you want to go.

Accommodation could be a shared villa, or appartments, in a town/village served by the airport bus.

I don't know the optimum number, but between 10 and 20 riders might be the right number.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Id be interested. In my opinion the use of one of these All inclusive hotel deals works out as superb value if you are staying in one place. Able to carb up before and after rides and all the facilities if you want to bring a partner.
Jim

Top Bottom